DISH Table of Contents- (Quick Links)
Section Two: Using Disability Services and Accommodations
Students with limitations who require special seating in the classroom can request these arrangements:
- a reserved seat in a particular location in the classroom
- alternative to traditional classroom desk
DSS can arrange for alternatives to regular classroom desks such as
- several types of padded, armed or armless chairs
- adjustable height tables
These can be used in the classroom for the quarter. Please note that the college does not provide specially designed or individually prescribed ergonomic seating.
Steps to follow to arrange specialized seating:
- If possible, review your needs with your course instructor to see if a solution in the classroom is possible.
- If you need to have signage posted on a particular seat, or need a seating alternative, see your DSS Counselor or LD Specialist.
- Plan ahead to allow for college furniture moving time lines.