DISH Table of Contents- (Quick Links)
Section Two: Using Disability Services and Accommodations
Mobility Assistance / Shuttle Service
Location: Registration and Student Services Building (RSS) Room 141 (see map)
A wheelchair-accessible courtesy shuttle service is available to students with temporary or permanent disabilities that affect their mobility. Transport to classrooms on a regularly scheduled basis or for special appointments may be arranged. The shuttle service operates between major campus buildings and is available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Steps to arrange for shuttle service:
- Meet with your DSS Counselor or Learning Disabilities Specialist for authorization
- Provide your class schedule to the Mobility Services Shuttle Driver.
- The top priority is to provide shuttle services to and from classes
- Shuttle service to special on-campus appointments or activities must be prearranged and are only available when the regular class transportation schedules permit it
- The student must meet the shuttle at the designated meeting place and time
- The student must notify Mobility Services as soon as possible if they will not meet a regularly scheduled pick-up. Failure to notify three (3) times in a quarter may result in suspension of their Mobility Service
- If your class finishes early, call Mobility Services and wait at the appointed place.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform Mobility Services if changes occur that affect their mobility service needs
- Shuttle service may be provided, as available, for emergency situations (such as after a fall, wheelchair malfunctions, unexpected heavy rain, etc.)
- Seat belts and ties-down are to be used at all times and safety instructions are to be observed
- Shuttle service may be cancelled due to driver absence, mechanical problems or for other unforeseen reasons