DISH Table of Contents- (Quick Links)
Section Two: Using Disability Services and Accommodations
Disability Support Services students qualify for priority registration, when the completed enrollment requirements for De Anza College have been met.
The following State requirements need to be met, if a DSS student would like to receive priority registration from Disability Support Programs & Services:
- Current Educational goal i.e. Transfer, AA
- Degree, or Certificate
- Declared Major i.e. English, Computer Science, etc.
- Completed Orientation
- Cleared for placement by the Assessment Center
- Current Comprehensive Educational Plan
- GPA above 2.0
- Completed less than 150 units*
- Have not been on probation for two consecutive quarters*
- Not a High School student
- Current DSS student receiving services
Contact your DSS Counselor if you are a student who has:
* 150+ units
* been on probation for two consecutive quarters
Students are encouraged to meet with their DSS Counselor for registration support and take advantage of priority registration to accommodate disability related needs:
- Special scheduling
- Class location requirement
- Arranging for alternate media
- Furniture, etc...