Upcoming Workshops – Winter 2023
Check this page for upcoming workshops and information sessions. You must register in advance for these workshops! Registration will open two weeks before the date of the workshop.
Remember to also check lower down on the page, below the listings, for more useful information:
- Plan ahead by checking the quarterly schedule below
- Review the workshop descriptions to learn what to expect and what's required of you
- If you need disability-related accommodations to fully participate in a workshop, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Personal Insight Questions Workshops, the registration link will be listed on the De Anza Event Calendar.
CLICK TO REGISTER FOR OTHER TRANSFER WORKSHOP
We'll be hosting a Transfer Workshop every Tuesday. Each session will focus on a different topic:
- Jan. 17, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Transfer Academic Update Overview
- Jan. 24, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Transfer Overview
- Jan. 31, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Associate Degree for Transfer Application Clinics
- Feb. 7, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Common Application
- Feb. 14 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Common Application
- Feb. 28, Time TBD – Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Mar. 7, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP)
- Mar. 14, 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Transfer Admission Guarantee
Transfer Hours at Guided Pathway Villages
During the following dates/times, a Transfer counselor will visit and offer transfer hours at the corresponding village. Counselor can provide info about the Transfer Center services and resources as well as tips for transfer success.
- Monday, Feb. 27, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Business and Finance (Betty Inoue)
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 12:30 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Physical Sciences and Technology (Khoa Nguyen)
- Monday, Mar. 6, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Social Sciences and Humanities (Betty Inoue)
- Tuesday, Mar. 7, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Language and Communication (Khoa Nguyen)
- Monday, Mar. 13, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. – Artistic Expression (Betty Inoue)
- Tuesday, Mar. 14, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Health and Life Sciences (Khoa Nguyen)
Transfer Academic Update and Supplemental Application Clinics
This is a working session to help students with the University of California (UC) Transfer Academic Update and the supplemental application for UCs/CSUs (if applicable). Counselors will be at the workshop to assist you with your questions.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25 – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 30 – 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Associate Degree for Transfer Workshop
Join us for this workshop to learn about the various Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT) offered at De Anza College and the benefits associated with these degrees.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 – 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Associate Degree for Transfer Application Clinics
This clinic is designed to help students with submitting an application for the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT). If you will finish the ADT by the end of Spring 2023, consider joining this clinic and submitting an ADT application.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31 – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 13 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Mar. 1 - 11 a.m to 1 p.m.
This workshop will provide a page-by-page review of the online CSU application, with time for questions.
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
In this workshop, we will provide a page-by-page review of the online Common application system, with time for questions at the end.
- Thursday, Jan. 19 – 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 7 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb 14 – 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Transfer Admission Planner (TAP)
In this workshop, you will learn about the benefits of the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP), how to open an account through the website, and how to enter your coursework and information.