This email was sent to all students registered for fall quarter.
Dec. 6, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of Dec. 5
Give to the Student-Athlete Toy Drive – You Might Win 49ers Tickets!
The Student-Athlete Advisory Council is running a holiday toy drive to collect donations for the Toys for Tots Foundation. Drop off new toys in front of the Library from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Dec. 6-8, and Dec. 13-15. In the event of rain, donations will be collected in the Campus Center Dining Hall. For each toy donated, your name will be entered into the prize drawing. The prize drawing winner will receive two San Francisco 49ers media day tickets for their Jan. 8 game against the Arizona Cardinals. The tickets include field passes and an opportunity to meet a 49ers player. No used toys will be accepted. For more information email email@example.com or learn more on the Toy Drive webpage.
Equity Action Council and Academic Senate Consider Resolutions in Support of Women's Rights
The Equity Action Council recently discussed a resolution in support of Iranian women and will soon request committee email approval of an edited version. The final, approved version will be posted on the EAC website.
The Academic Senate voted to approve a similar resolution at their Dec. 5 meeting. The Academic Senate resolution affirms the Senate's stance in solidarity with the global movement for women’s rights and with the students, women and girls in Iran who raise their voices in demand of human rights, justice and freedom – including freedom from state violence and harm. The resolution also noted a Libguide created by the Library which contains reading material and learning resources about the unrest in Iran.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Health Services Clinic: Flu Vaccine – Wednesday, Dec. 7, 10 a.m.-noon
- Psychological Services Session: Online Drop-In – Wednesday, Dec. 7, 11-11:45 a.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Dec. 7, 11 a.m.-noon
- Student Recital: Featuring Music department students – Thursday, Dec. 8, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Piano Recital: Featuring Music department students – Friday, Dec. 9, 2-3 p.m.
- Mobile Food Pantry: Campus Visit – Tuesday, Dec. 13, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Dec. 14, 11 a.m.-noon
- Financial Aid Workshop: Finding Scholarships (please register in advance) – Thursday, Dec. 15, 10-11 a.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Final exam week for fall quarter – Dec. 12-16
- Winter recess – Dec. 19-Jan. 8
- First day of winter quarter – Jan. 9
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- CANCELED: Administrative Planning and Budget Team – Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2-3:20 p.m.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team – Tuesday, Dec. 6, 4-5 p.m.
- SPECIAL EVENT: Classified Senate – Seasons Meet & Greetings – Tuesday, Dec. 13, noon-1:30 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
COVID-19 Vax and Booster Required
You must provide proof of vaccination AND a booster before coming to campus. Face masks are strongly recommended on campus, and may be required in some offices or by individual instructors in their classrooms. For more information, see deanza.edu/vax.
Free PCR Testing on Campus for Students and Employees
Free PCR testing is available two days a week during fall quarter, outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Services entrance on the lower level. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org