Food Pantry and CalFresh at De Anza!
Are you having difficulty paying for food? Check out the Food Pantry and these additional programs on our campus.
- Mobile Food Pantry
- Need assistance with the CalFresh application? You can ask questions or get help via Zoom on Thursdays, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., by clicking this link.
A mobile pantry from West Valley Community Services will continue to visit Parking Lot A on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, from 1-3:30 p.m., while the De Anza Food Pantry is temporarily closed. Please note the mobile pantry
may be delayed in it's arrival and will remain until supplies last. A La Carte will
also be present and distributing prepared foods from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Please plan accordingly if you would like to access both resources.
Grocery Gift Cards
Additional Food SupportAre you experiencing greater food needs due to COVID-19? You can submit a request for a grocery store gift card here. All requests will be considered for eligibility and while supplies last.
Resources Available in Santa Clara County
You also may find food assistance through the following programs. (Please contact them to find out their eligibility requirements.) You'll find more resources on our Basic Needs Resources webpage.
- Cupertino: West Valley Community Services, 10104 Vista Drive, phone: 408.255.8033
- Gilroy: St. Joseph’s Family Center, 7950 Church St. Suite A, phone: 408.842.6662
- Mountain View: Community Services Agency, 3204 Stierlin Rd., phone: 650.968.0836
- Palo Alto: LifeMoves Bredt Family and Children’s Center, 33 Encina Ave., phone: 650.853.8672
- San Jose:
- Sunnyvale: Sunnyvale Community Services, 725 Kifer Rd., phone: 408.738.4321
Free "Grab and Go" Meals in San José
Free breakfast or lunch for K-12 students, thanks to the city of San José and San
José Unified School District. Check out their dates, times, and locations here.
Second Harvest Food Bank Hotline
To find a food distribution center or delivery program near you
- Call the Second Harvest Food Connection hotline at 1.800.984.3663
- Text “GETFOOD” to 408.455.5181
- Send an email to email@example.com
Mobile Food Pantry
A mobile pantry from West Valley Community Services will continue to visit Parking Lot A on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, from 1:00-3:30 p.m.
You'll need to bring your student ID.
For more information, contact the Outreach Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Support the Food Pantry
Food insecurity among college students is a serious issue. A recent survey of De Anza students found nearly four out of ten experienced food insecurity. In the 2018-19 academic year the De Anza Food Pantry was accessed by 419 unduplicated students a total of 2,245 times. Please consider supporting student achievement through access to food. Visit the Foothill-De Anza Foundation's Quick Donate webpage and designate your gift for the De Anza Food Pantry.
If you need food assistance, the Mobile Food Pantry truck will be in Parking Lot A on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, from 1-3:30 p.m- while supplies last. Look for it near the student drop-off area.
You can find fresh produce, meat, dairy products, dry goods and canned items in the mobile pantry, courtesy of West Valley Community Services and De Anza College.
The Mobile Farmers' Market service has been temporarily discontinued. Please see the list of organizations at the top of this page for other sources of food assistance.
Find out if you're eligible for CalFresh!
- Monthly cash assistance for purchasing food
- Provided via EBT debit card (looks like any other debit card)
- Use it to buy groceries and fresh produce at participating stores and farmers' markets
To find out if you qualify, get help with your application, or extend your eligibility ...