Updates and Announcements
Please watch this webpage and be sure to check your email frequently. We will continue to send you urgent information by email and will update messages posted on ISP's private Facebook page as well.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been emailing students at least once every two weeks. If you have not received an email in recent weeks, please send your full name, CWID and email address to Lynn Ling at email@example.com and she will add you to the mailing list.
All continuing F-1 students returning to the U.S need an I-20 with a valid travel signature.(Posted on Dec 2)
If you have a signature on Page 2 of your I-20 that is dated within the last 12 months, you can travel with the current signature. Please contact an International Student Advisor to confirm that there are no problems with your immigration record before travel:
Andrea Santa Cruz Last names starting with A-L- firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Largent Last names starting with M-Z - email@example.com
If you do not have a current signature on your I-20, email an International Student Advisor (see above) to request an electronic signature on your I-20 one month before you return to the U.S. To request a travel signature, please email your International Student Advisor the following information:
- Passport name
- CWID or student ID number
- Birth date and/or SEVIS ID number
- Subject: I-20 travel signature
- The date you plan to return to the U.S.
International students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to travel to the United States by plane. More information, including exceptions to the vaccination requirement, can be found on the CDC's website
COVID Vax Required to Register for On-Campus Classes. (Posted on Nov 11)
De Anza is requiring everyone who comes to campus to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required in order to register for any in-person or hybrid class as well as to come to campus for any other purpose/service.
As with the current quarter, continuing F-1 students may choose to enroll in any combination of online, hybrid, or in-person classes for Winter 2022. You do NOT need to provide proof of vaccination to register for fully online classes.
- Visit the Rules for Returning to Campus webpage to find step-by-step instructions for uploading proof of vaccination via the PyraMed app in MyPortal. (If you already submitted your vaccination record for fall quarter, you don't need to submit again for winter.)
- You must have received all required doses of a FDA or WHO-approved vaccine such as Pfizer, Johnsson & Johnson, Astra Zeneca, COVID Shield, SINOPharm etc. at least two weeks before coming to campus.
- You should submit proof of your final vaccination at least three days before you plan to register for an on-campus class, to allow time for verification. The registration system will show a message that says "COVID-19 vaccination proof required" if you attempt to enroll in any on-campus class before your record is verified.
NEW POLICY: All New Arrivals Must Be Vaccinated (Effective Nov. 8)
The White House announced that vaccines will be required for international travelers coming into the United States, with an effective date of Nov. 8, 2021. For purposes of entry into the United States, vaccines accepted will include FDA- approved or FDA-authorized and WHO Emergency Use Listing vaccines. More information is available on this CDC website.
Returning to Campus
All F-1 students have the option to continue to study online outside the U.S. for the fall 2021 quarter, and we will be offering in-person, hybrid and online classes in the fall as well.
If you are coming to campus for any reason this fall – for a class, a meeting or any other purpose – you must be vaccinated against COVID-19, for your health and that of others. You must submit proof of your final vaccination by Oct. 1, or you will be dropped from any on-campus classes in which you are registered.
You’ll find step-by-step instructions for uploading your vaccination record on the Rules for Returning to Campus webpage. In addition, you must:
- Wear face masks at all times indoors – masks are also recommended for outdoor gatherings.
- Check in with Optimum HQ before each time you come to campus – see instructions
- Practice social distancing and follow any posted instructions
- Wash hands regularly or use hand sanitizer, as provided
COVID-19 vaccines are available for free at many vaccination sites, but some may charge administrative or other nominal fees. Please visit covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/ to determine your eligibility and to sign up for an a vaccination appointment when you are eligible.
* Vaccinations are not covered through your international student health insurance. However, as long as you receive your vaccine through a local government vaccination site, you should not be charged.
- Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines are approved by the FDA or the World Health Organization (WHO) (including Astra Zeneca, SinoPharm BIBP, Serum Institute of India, etc.)
- We encourage you to get vaccinated before coming to the U.S. If that is not possible, the COVID-19 vaccine is available in California free of charge and at many different locations.
- NEW Please note: We do need to be able to read the vaccine records in English. If you are having a translation done, please make sure it is authorized by an agency who does translations with appropriate stamps and original signatures.
Tuition and Fees
COVID-Related Visa Requirements
- Please see our COVID Visa Requirements webpage for the latest updates and messages on this topic.