This email was sent to new students who applied to join certain Learning Communities for fall 2023.
Aug. 23, 2023
You're Invited: UndocuWelcome on Aug. 30
Thank you for choosing De Anza College! We'd like to invite you to a special orientation and welcome event – UndocuWelcome 2023: We Are Here To Stay! – on Wednesday, Aug. 30.
We are sending you this invitation because you enrolled as an AB 540 student or are eligible for a waiver of nonresident fees – or applied to join a Learning Community (see below) – and you may find this event of interest. Please be assured that your information is confidential and will not be shared.
This orientation is designed to provide undocumented students – including AB 540 and DACA students – and their families with tips and tools for making the most of their college experience at De Anza. We'll cover academic planning, financial aid, entrepreneurship and more. Plus: You will also have an opportunity to meet other new students!
If you haven't already signed up for this event, please click the button to sign up now! The event will be held on campus at De Anza. The schedule includes
- Resource Fair, Lunch and Tour: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Student Sessions: 1-7:30 p.m.
- Student and Family Dinner: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Family Session: 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Lunch and dinner will be provided, but you must sign up to attend. The Family Session is open to parents, co-parents, caregivers, older brothers or sisters or other support persons.
UndocuWelcome will be taking place during Summer Bridge Week, Aug. 28-31. You are welcome to sign up for both events: The schedules are arranged so you don’t have to miss out on anything. Summer Bridge is open to first-year students who are planning to join First Year Experience (FYE), IMPACT AAPI, Pride, Puente or Umoja – but the deadline to apply for Summer Bridge is Thursday, Aug. 24. You can apply by submitting the Summer Bridge attendance form.
- Tendremos talleres bilingües según sea necesario para miembros de la familia o aquellos que apoyan al estudiante.
- Chúng tôi có những cuộc hội thảo song ngữ dành riêng cho gia đình, người thân, và những người trợ giúp các em sinh viên.
- Magkakaroon kami ng mga bilingual workshop kung kinakailangan para sa mga miyembro ng pamilya o sa mga sumusuporta sa estudyante.
You can also find resources for undocumented students at deanza.edu/students/undocumented.
We look forward to seeing you on Aug. 30!