This email was sent to students who expressed interest in attending Summer Bridge or joining a related Learning Community in the fall.
Aug. 16, 2023
We Look Forward to Seeing You at Summer Bridge!
Welcome to De Anza College – and congratulations on your decision to begin your college experience by joining us for Summer Bridge on Aug. 28-31. We are committed to your education and success!
Please confirm that you're planning to attend by completing this short form:
Summer Bridge will immerse you into a supportive multicultural community before classes even begin.
- You'll hear from exciting speakers, including community advocates and current students.
- You’ll learn more about support programs and resources, meet new students like yourself, and have time to connect with your counselor, who will be guiding you along your path to achieving your goal.
- We’re also providing free lunch and snacks!
Summer Bridge is a one-time opportunity to get a head start on your college education! Here are a few more things you'll need to know and do before Monday, Aug. 28.
- All students enrolled in FYE, Puente, Umoja, IMPACT AAPI and Pride are required to attend the full intensive four-day experience. (See the schedule of activities.)
- For those driving or carpooling, please park in the Stelling Parking Structure or Lot C along Stelling Road. This will give you the easiest access to our check-in table at the drop off location. Parking is free – no permit required. (See the campus map.)
- Check-in will begin at 9 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 28. The program will begin at 9:30 a.m. – sharp! – in Forum 1 and will end around 2 p.m. each day. (See the campus map and the schedule of activities.)
- In addition to Summer Bridge, you may be interested in attending the special UndocuWelcome Orientation on Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 30, which is hosted by the HEFAS (Higher Education for AB 540 Students) Resource Center for undocumented students. You can learn more and sign up to attend this separate activity at deanza.edu/vida/undocuwelcome.
Again, please remember to take 3 minutes to confirm your attendance at Summer Bridge, by clicking the button above. If you have any questions, please feel free to email your program counselor or me, or call us at 408.864.7470. We look forward to seeing you in two weeks!
In community spirit,
Associate Dean, Learning Communities