This email was sent to all students registered for winter quarter.
March 6, 2023
Quick Notes for the Week of March 6
DASG Elections Open Through Friday
Police-Community Town Hall
The Foothill-De Anza district police department will conduct a town hall meeting on Wednesday, March 8, from noon to 2 p.m. in the Campus Center Fireside Room. This is a chance for students and college employees to ask questions, offer suggestions and exchange views with police representatives.
Board Study Session on Measure G
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District Board of Trustees will discuss issues related to Measure G projects during a special study session on Tuesday, April 11, from 9 a.m. to noon in the district office building on the Foothill College campus, 12345 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills. Questions for possible discussion may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athletes Earn Academic Distinction
Two De Anza athletics teams have won statewide recognition for their academic performance as well as their athletic achievements: The women’s Badminton and Cross Country teams have been designated as Scholar Teams by the California Community College Athletic Association.
Women's Badminton Team
Women's Cross Country Team
The honor is based on overall team grade point averages as well as athletic achievement for 2021-2022. De Anza badminton players earned a 3.58 team GPA last year, while ending their season undefeated and winning the CCCAA state championship. In cross country, the women’s team earned a combined 3.50 GPA. Both teams will be honored during a Celebration of Scholar Athletes on Wednesday, March 29, during the CCCAA statewide convention in Sacramento.
New Course Registration Interface
You can still use the old "classic" course registration system for spring quarter, but you also have the option to try the new interface that will replace the old system in future quarters.
Check out the complete user guide for the new system at deanza.edu/reg-guide. Watch for a helpful video, coming soon!
Mark Your Calendar
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Transfer Support Group: Psychological Services group session – Monday, March 6, 2-3 p.m.
- Wellness Matters: health workshop hosted by HEFAS – Monday, March 6, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Drop-In Support Group: Psychological Services group session open to all students – Monday, March 6, 4-5 p.m.
- Transfer Workshop: UC Transfer Admission Planner – Tuesday, March 7, 8-9 a.m.
- Transfer Counseling: drop-in hours at the Language and Communication Village – Tuesday, March 7, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Mini Flea Market: held in the Main Quad – Tuesday, March 7, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Housing Workshop: for students facing housing insecurity – Tuesday, March 7, 1-2 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ Support Group: Psychological Services group session – Tuesday, March 7, 2-3 p.m.
- Yoga and Mindfulness Group: Psychological Services activity – Tuesday, March 7, 2-3 p.m.
- Black High School Student Empowerment Conference: Outreach event – Wednesday, March 8, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Free Tax-Filing Assistance: individual online help – Wednesday, March 8, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- University Representative Visit: Samuel Merritt University – Wednesday, March 8, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Zentangle Wellness: Psychological Services activity – Wednesday, March 8, 11 a.m.-noon
- Police-Community Town Hall: forum with district police – Wednesday, March 8, noon-2 p.m.
- University Representative Visit: University of California, Santa Cruz – Wednesday, March 8, noon-3 p.m.
- Not Your Masi’s Generation: author event with Asha Sudra at the Pride Center – Thursday, March 9, 3-4:30 p.m.
- UndocuSTEM Conference: tips and speakers on careers in STEM – Friday, March 10, 9:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Transfer Support Group: Psychological Services group session – Friday, March 10, 2-3 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Final exam week – March 27-31
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Academic Senate: Monday, March 6, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
- Resource Allocation and Program Planning: Tuesday, March 7, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Equity Action Council: Wednesday, March 8, 10-11 a.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG): Wednesday, March 8, 4 p.m.
New Committee Name
There’s a new name for the shared governance committee that was established by College Council under recommendation from the recent collegewide governance review. Initially known as the Program Allocation Committee, the group has adopted a new name – Resource Allocation and Program Planning – in keeping with its mission to make recommendations concerning programs and resource allocation in relation to the college’s mission, equity plan and institutional core competencies.
The new committee combines functions previously carried out by three planning and budget teams. More information and meeting notes can be found at deanza.edu/gov/rapp.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com