This email was sent to all students registered for winter quarter.
Jan. 17, 2023
Quick Notes for the Week of Jan. 17
UCSF Women’s Health Education Study
Researchers from the University of California, San Francisco will be on the De Anza campus tomorrow (Wednesday, Jan. 18) to sign up students who would like to participate in a women’s health education study.
First-year female college students, age 18-25, can earn up to $200 by participating over the coming year. Participants will look at health education materials and take surveys about their health and social life. Look for the information table in the Campus Center dining area from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. You can also visit college.ucsf.edu or email email@example.com to learn more.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- VIDA Project Fair: online event – Tuesday, Jan. 17, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Transfer Workshop: UC Transfer Academic Update Workshop – Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2-3 p.m.
- University Representative Visit: Pepperdine University Bachelor of Science in Management – Tuesday, Jan. 17, 4-5 p.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Jan. 18, 11 a.m.-noon
- Transfer Center Workshop: Common Application Workshop – Thursday, Jan. 19, 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Student Elections: Information Session – Tuesday, Jan. 24, 11 a.m.-noon
- Transfer Workshop: Transfer Overview – Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2-3 p.m.
- University Representative Visit: Pepperdine University Bachelor of Science in Management – Tuesday, Jan. 24, 3-4 p.m.
- Momentum Series: Misinformation in the Mainstream News – Wednesday, Jan. 25, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Jan. 25, 11 a.m.-noon
- Transfer Workshop: Academic Update and Supplemental Application Clinic – Wednesday, Jan. 25, 1-2 p.m.
- Student Elections: Information Session – Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Club Day: on-campus event – Thursday, Jan. 26, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Student Elections: Information Session – Thursday, Jan. 26, 1-2 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to add classes with add code: Saturday, Jan. 21
- Last day to drop classes without a W: Sunday, Jan. 22
- Last day to sign up for Mentors@De Anza for winter quarter: Friday, Jan. 27
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Program Allocation Committee: Tuesday, Jan. 17, 10-11:30 a.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG): Wednesday, Jan. 18, 4 p.m.
- College Council: Thursday, Jan. 19, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Art on Campus Advisory Committee: Monday, Jan. 23, 10-11 a.m.
- Equity Action Council: Wednesday, Jan. 25, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Budget Task Force: Thursday, Jan. 26, 3-4:30 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
COVID-19 Vax and Booster Required
You must provide proof of vaccination AND a booster before coming to campus. Face masks are strongly recommended on campus, and may be required in some offices or by individual instructors in their classrooms. For more information, see deanza.edu/vax.
Free PCR Testing on Campus for Students and Employees
Free PCR testing is available two days a week during fall quarter, outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Services entrance on the lower level. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 30, will be the last day for on-campus PCR testing
- Students and employees can still pick up free antigen tests, while supplies last, from Health Services during their in-person hours
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org