This email was sent to all students registered for winter quarter.
Jan. 9, 2023
Quick Notes for the Week of Jan. 9
This Thursday: A Special Event Honoring Dr. King
The Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators Network (BFSA) invites the De Anza College community to a special event this Thursday, Jan. 12, honoring the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. and featuring retired Judge LaDoris Hazzard Cordell as guest speaker.
- Thursday, Jan. 12: Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Campus Center Conference Rooms A&B
- Please register in advance to attend
Judge Cordell was the first Black judge of the Santa Clara County Superior Court and the first Black woman to serve as a Superior Court judge in Northern California. Since graduating from Stanford Law School in 1974, she has devoted her career in the law to promoting greater access and equal justice for people of color and low-income individuals. She is also an author, artist, vocalist and pianist.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Transfer Center Workshop: CSU Application – Wednesday, Jan. 11, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Jan. 11, 11 a.m.-noon
- Transfer Representative Visit: San Francisco State University – Thursday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Honoring Dr. King: A Talk with Judge LaDoris Cordell – Thursday, Jan. 12, noon-1:30 p.m.
- Transfer Center Workshop: UC Transfer Academic Update (TAU) Overview – Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2-3 p.m.
- Transfer Representative Drop-in Advising: Pepperdine University (Bachelor of Science in Management) – Thursday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Jan. 18, 11 a.m.-noon
- Transfer Center Workshop: Common Application – Thursday, Jan. 19, 10:30 a.m.-noon
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (no classes, offices closed) – Jan. 16
- Last day to add classes – Jan. 21
- Last day to drop classes without a W – Jan. 22
- Presidents' Holiday (no classes, offices closed) – Feb. 17-20
- Last day to drop classes with a W – March 3
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
COVID-19 Vax and Booster Required
You must provide proof of vaccination AND a booster before coming to campus. Face masks are strongly recommended on campus, and may be required in some offices or by individual instructors in their classrooms. For more information, see deanza.edu/vax.
Free PCR Testing on Campus for Students and Employees
Free PCR testing is available two days a week during fall quarter, outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Services entrance on the lower level. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 30, will be the last day for on-campus PCR testing
- Students and employees can still pick up free antigen tests, while supplies last, from Health Services during their in-person hours
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com