This email was sent to all students registered for summer.
June 25, 2021
Summer Session Begins This Monday, June 28
Welcome – or welcome back – to summer session at De Anza! As you know, classes are being held online. Student services are also available online, and we have some helpful tips to get you off to a great start!
- For the latest updates and information about online learning resources, student services and more, visit deanza.edu/online-summer.
- Be sure to check the footnotes in the class listings for each class you are taking – or any class you are considering – to learn whether it has meetings scheduled for certain times.
- Need to reach college offices, counselors or other student services? Check their webpages or visit deanza.edu/online-summer/services to find the best way to reach them.
- You can still order books, materials and computers from the Bookstore's online store. You'll find answers to many of your questions about online Bookstore orders in these helpful guides and FAQs
- Need something from the Library? You can submit an online request for Library books or materials and then come to campus for pickup during the first two weeks of summer session. You must follow rules for coming to campus. See below for details.
You can find open classes in MyPortal by using the Open Classes Finder in the Student Registration app. The deadline to add a class after the start of summer session will vary for different classes. You can email the instructor for more information.
- To Add Classes Before Monday:
- Follow the Steps to Register
- To Add After the Quarter Begins:
- Email the instructor to get an Add Code
- Follow the Steps to Add a Class
- Remember: You won't be able to use the Add Code until the day the class is officially scheduled to begin
It is your responsibility to drop classes.
Payment is due in full at the time of registration and when adding subsequent classes. If you have a balance due you can pay online with a credit card or sign up for an interest-free installment plan.
Registration holds will be placed on delinquent accounts.
We’ve made it easy to find answers and assistance!
- Click the "Ask Us" button on the college website to reach Chat Cat – for quick answers to frequently asked questions.
- Visit the Student Resource Hub for Online Learning for tips on using Canvas, Zoom and other tools.
- You can get technical help with Canvas, Zoom, MyPortal and other online tools from the Library's expert technicians. Visit the Library Computer Lab website to request help via live chat or email.
- Check the Video Help Series at deanza.edu/vhs-guide for quick video tutorials on applying for financial aid, completing assessment or other tasks.
- New students can click the MyPath tile in the Student Apps section of MyPortal for instructions and tips on a variety of topics.
Want to Save Money on Books and Materials?
Look for the green Zero-Cost and Low-Cost symbols when you search the course listings. For information, visit deanza.edu/save-on-books.
Need Assistance with Food, Basic Needs or Financial Emergencies?
You're not alone. Visit deanza.edu/resources to learn about resources available to you.
Bookstore and Library Information
- You can order books, materials and computers from the Bookstore's online store. Select "Financial Aid" in the dropdown menu for payment if you have an award – such as the De Anza College Promise – that provides funds for these purchases.
- Library textbooks and materials are available by request during the first two weeks of summer session. You can submit an online request and then come to campus for pickup during these hours – Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday, 2-7 p.m. – from June 28 to July 8 only. You must follow rules for coming to campus and use the Optimum HQ check-in service before you come.
- Need a place to study? You can reserve a quiet space at the Library Computer Lab on campus, where you’ll have access to computers, printers and Wi-Fi. You must reserve your time in advance, up to a maximum of two hours per day, by using the online sign-up system. You must follow rules for coming to campus and use the Optimum HQ check-in service before you come.
- Other Library services – including reference help and tech support for online software – are available online. Visit the Library website for more information.
How to Get – and Keep – Priority Enrollment
Priority enrollment helps you get your best registration date each quarter. See the complete list of steps to get priority enrollment.
Student Email Accounts and Mobile App
As a De Anza student, you can now request a college email account by using the "Student Email" app in MyPortal. This account will give you an email address ending in "@student.deanza.edu"
Check out the De Anza mobile app. You can use it to register and pay fees on your mobile device.
De Anza College occasionally sends text messages to remind students about important deadlines or events. We won't try to sell you products or give your number to anyone other than a college representative for official purposes. You can opt out of receiving texts any time.