This email was sent to students with undeclared or unassigned majors.
Sept. 13, 2021
Welcome Day Is This Friday! RSVP Now
We’re looking forward to seeing you this Friday at De Anza’s Virtual Welcome Day event, where you’ll be able to meet instructors, ask questions and discover your Village!
If you haven’t already RSVP’d for this event, please click the yellow button to let us know that you’ll be attending. Once you RSVP, you’ll be entered in a drawing for some great prizes – including Apple Watches, special T-shirts and plush Mountain Lions (all purchased with donated funds).
Here’s what you can expect this Friday, Sept. 17, beginning at 10 a.m.
First: We want to welcome you to your Village at De Anza. Your Village is a supportive community of students, faculty and staff members with similar academic interests.
- You can visit the Welcome Day webpage now at deanza.edu/welcomeday to see a list of Villages and the academic majors aligned with each one.
- Most students join the Village that aligns with their major. If you haven’t declared a major or if you have a major such as Liberal Arts that covers more than one subject, you can choose a Village that interests you!
- When you visit the same webpage at 10 a.m. on Friday, you can click on the icon for your Village to join an online session where you will meet instructors and learn about activities and programs that your Village has planned for the coming year.
Next: You can check out a variety collegewide services, student organizations and individual academic departments. You can also speak with a counselor or one of our experts about financial aid, registration and other topics.
- Student services and collegewide programs will begin their sessions at 10:30 a.m., while academic departments will begin more sessions at 11 a.m.
- Villages will continue to host activities until noon, but you can break away to attend these other sessions whenever you like.
- Visit the Welcome Day webpage now to see a list of these activities; when you return on Friday morning, you will see a yellow button for each one.
- Click any button on Friday to join a session; you can return to the Welcome Day webpage whenever you are ready to join another one.
Tip: You will need your Campuswide ID (your eight-digit De Anza student ID number) and your MyPortal password to join most of these sessions. (You may want to practice logging in to MyPortal before Friday.) We’ll also have a virtual Information Booth where you can get assistance or find out the best place to ask your questions.
See you Friday – and remember to RSVP!
[Click image to view short video]