This email was sent to all students registered for spring quarter.
April 17, 2023
Quick Notes for the Week of April 17
Mark Your Calendar
Student Career Fair and Workshops Next Month
Dress to impress – and bring copies of your resume! Students can meet representatives from a variety of employers during the spring Career Fair, which will be held in the Sunken Garden on Wednesday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Organizers are also offering two workshops on May 3 and May 10 to help students prepare resumes and learn tips for successful job interviews. Visit deanza.edu/career-training/events for all the details.
Graduation: New Location and Date
This year’s commencement ceremony will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center, beginning at 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 1. The event will include a red carpet photo op for graduates and their families.
- More information will be announced soon.
- Visit deanza.edu/graduation for updates
Free Immigration Legal Support
Students enrolled in at least one class at De Anza – including high school students, students taking non-credit courses, and adult learners – are eligible for free immigration legal services and to have DACA renewal and application fees covered through FindYourAlly.com. Employees are also eligible for assistance.
Events This Week
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Real Talk: wellness workshop hosted by HEFAS and De Anza alum Claudia Barajas – Monday, April 17, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Empathy Versus Antipathy: Momentum series event with Samuel Natale – Monday, April 17, 5-6:30 p.m.
- University of Silicon Valley: representative event – Tuesday, April 18, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Ecuador-Galapagos Study Abroad: information session – Tuesday, April 18, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Free Tax Filing Assistance: individual online help – Wednesday, April 19, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Arab American Heritage Month Event: virtual film screening celebrating Arab Americans – Thursday, April 20, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to add classes – Saturday, April 22
- Last day to drop classes without a W – Sunday, April 23
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Campus Facilities: Tuesday, April 18, 2-3 p.m.
- Resource Allocation and Program Planning: Tuesday, April 18, 10-11:25 a.m.
- DASG Senate: Wednesday, April 19, 4 p.m.
- College Council: Thursday, April 20, 3:30-5 p.m.
Learn more about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com