This email was sent to all students registered for winter quarter.
Feb. 21, 2023
Quick Notes for the Week of Feb. 21
New Course Registration Interface
De Anza and Foothill colleges have upgraded their course registration system with a new interface that should make it easier to sign up for classes. You can still use the old "classic" system to register for spring quarter, but you have the option to try the new system.
You can find a complete user guide for the new system at deanza.edu/reg-guide or get in-person assistance by visiting RSS 146. (Check the user guide for dates and times.) Watch for a helpful video, coming soon!
Students Chosen for Health Pathways Program
Six students from De Anza have been selected to participate in a new Pathways in Health Technology program, designed to introduce students from diverse backgrounds to career opportunities in the health tech field through mentoring and hands-on group projects.
The six students are Jacqueline Fernandez Ortega, Donnel Gray, Emma Sawaya, Silmi Sultaan Ali Khowaja Pulido, Arlyne Torres and Sophia Weissinger.
The eight-week program was created by the nonprofit Diversity by Doing (DxD) HealthTech in partnership with the Stanford Byers Center for Biodesign, Fogarty Innovation and five local medical device companies. Students who complete the program will receive a $1,000 grant funded by the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) in collaboration with MedTech Color.
Event Center Open Meetings
The consultant for the Foothill-De Anza district will conduct two open meetings this Thursday, Feb. 23, as part of the market analysis now underway. Surveys for audience members and event organizers are also still open through Feb. 28. Find meeting details and survey links at deanza.edu/measure-g/event-center.
Bookstore Will Be Closed on Wednesday
The campus Bookstore in the RSS Building will be closed for one day on Wednesday, Feb. 22, so the operator can take inventory.
Student Services and Resources
California Dream Act Workshops
Students who are undocumented or who may be ineligible to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can get help completing their California Dream Act Application (CADAA) before the March 2 Cal Grant deadline. Tell your students to bring their questions!
- Thursday, Feb. 23: 4-6 p.m. – register on Zoom
- Wednesday, March 1: 4-6 p.m. – register on Zoom
- Thursday, March 2: 4-6 p.m. – register on Zoom
Mark Your Calendar
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- University Representative Visit: Palo Alto University – Tuesday, Feb. 21, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Transfer Workshop: HBCU Common Application – Tuesday, Feb. 21, 12:30-2 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ Support Group: Psychological Services support group – Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2-3 p.m.
- Yoga and Mindfulness: Psychological Services support group – Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2-3 p.m.
- Financial Wellness Workshop: Financial Aid workshop – Wednesday, Feb. 22, 10-11 a.m.
- Free Tax-Filing Assistance: one-on-one help sessions – Wednesday, Feb. 22, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Feb. 22, 11 a.m.-noon
- Internship Search Tips: career workshop – Wednesday, Feb. 22, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Mass Shooting Support Group: Psychological Services support group – Wednesday, Feb. 22, noon-1 p.m.
- University Representative Visit: University of California, Santa Cruz – Wednesday, Feb. 22, noon-3 p.m.
- Financial Aid Application Workshop: special situations – Wednesday, Feb. 22, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- University Representative Visit: Fashion Institute of Design – Thursday, Feb. 23, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Financial Aid Application Workshop: your questions – Thursday, Feb. 23, 11 a.m.-noon
- Event Center Open Meeting: students and employees – Thursday, Feb. 23, noon-1 p.m.
- Reflections on Tyre Nichols: hosted by the Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators Network – Thursday, Feb. 23, noon-1 p.m.
- California Dream Act Application: Financial Aid workshop – Thursday, Feb. 23, 4-6 p.m.
- Event Center Open Meeting: general community – Thursday, Feb. 23, 6-7 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Spring quarter registration opens, based on priority group: Tuesday, Feb. 21
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Program Allocation Committee: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Equity Action Council: Wednesday, Feb. 22, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG): Wednesday, Feb. 22, 4 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com