This email was sent to all registered students.
April 19, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of April 18
COVID-19 Vax, Booster and Face Masks Required
If you are planning to come to campus this spring, you are required to separately provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination AND booster, if you are eligible for one. See instructions at deanza.edu/vax.
The mask requirement remains in effect. You must wear a face mask PROPERLY while indoors – that means covering your mouth AND nose at all times.
Free PCR Testing on Campus
Now there are two ways you can get a free PCR test for COVID-19 on campus. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required for either option.
- Mondays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Center entrance on the lower level
- Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – drive-thru testing available in Parking Lot A
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
DASG Elections Deadline Extended to this Friday
The deadline to vote in the DASG elections has been extended to this Friday, April 22, at 11:59 p.m. Remember to make your voice heard by voting – the DASG election outcomes will affect next year’s events, initiatives and more for students. Learn about the candidates and cast your votes online at deanza.edu/studentvote.
Invite Graduating High School Students to Enrollment Day
Enrollment Day is coming up next Saturday, April 30. This is an opportunity for graduating high school students to explore the campus, complete the steps they need for a great start and discover their Village from the beginning. If you know any graduating high school students, invite them to attend. Visit deanza.edu/enrollment-day for more information.
Now that the Strategic Planning workshops have concluded, there is one more upcoming special event to guide the next steps of the strategic planning process.
- Review of Draft Strategic Plan — Monday, May 9, 1-2 p.m.
Visit deanza.edu/strategic for details on these events, recordings of the workshops and more. The recording and presentation for yesterday’s event on "Your Feedback" are now available.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Transfer Overview: Transfer Center Workshop – Wednesday, April 20, 1-2 p.m.
- "Bridge Builders" Film Screening and Discussion: Arab American Heritage Month Event – Thursday, April 21, 10 a.m.-noon
- Spring Club Day: Virtual Event – Friday, April 22, 4-6 p.m..
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to drop classes without a W for spring quarter – Sunday, April 17
- No classes, offices closed for Memorial Day Weekend – May 28-30
- No classes, offices closed for Juneteenth Holiday – June 20
- Final exams – June 21-24
- Graduation – June 24
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT) – Tuesday, April 19, 4-5 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, April 20, 4 p.m.
- Student Services Planning and Budget Team (SSPBT) – Thursday, April 21, 1:30-3 p.m.
- College Council – Thursday, April 21, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Academic Senate – Monday, April 25, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org