This email was sent to all registered students.
Aug. 16, 2021
Are You Registered to Vote?
As recent elections have shown, every vote is important – and it’s important for college students to register and vote, too. De Anza College is complying with California's Student Civic and Voter Empowerment Act by providing the following information about how to exercise your rights.
Here are some dates to remember
- California will hold a statewide recall election on Tuesday, Sept. 14.
- You can vote by mail beginning the week of Aug. 16.
- The deadline to register for voting in this election is Aug. 30, although you can still cast a conditional ballot after that.
- National Voter Registration Day will be Sept. 28 this year. Visit nationalvoterregistrationday.org to learn more about this event.
If you are registered to vote in California, you should receive your ballot in the mail in the next two weeks, beginning Aug. 16. (You can check to see if you are registered on the Secretary of State's website.) You'll then have three ways to vote.
- Mail in your ballot as soon as you fill it out — but no later than Election Day. (Postage is free.)
- Drop off your ballot at an official ballot drop box. Find one near you by checking the county elections website or visit deanza.edu/vote to see if there is one on campus.
- Bring your ballot to any county Vote Center. Find one near you by checking the county elections website.
Voting procedures may vary in different counties, so you can check with your county election office to learn more.
You can also visit the California Secretary of State’s election information website at sos.ca.gov/elections, the California Students Vote Project at sos.ca.gov/elections/castudentsvote and the De Anza Votes webpage at deanza.edu/vote.
De Anza College