Online Drop-In Hours
You can get answers to quick questions about veterans' benefits, courses and majors, registration and other topics – with no appointment required – every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon.
Our counselors, resource specialists and student advisers will be available online during these hours. You'll be able to talk with someone for 10-15 minutes, depending on how many others are waiting.
If you need assistance outside of the Drop-In Hours, please contact us directly.
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2021 spring quarter, you can still reach us by email or arrange a counseling session by phone or Zoom video.
- New students using GI Bill® benefits, please contact Bertha Sanchez at email@example.com
- Continuing students using GI Bill® benefits, please contact Shari Pasquali at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For counseling appointments, please use our online scheduler to arrange a phone or video conference
- Please allow 24-48 hours to receive a response
- Scroll down for easy steps to enroll with VA benefits
The Veteran Services Office at De Anza College is committed to serving all veterans, service members, and their families by proving a variety of services including educational benefits and resources. We are honored to serve you and help you achieve your goals in higher education.
The De Anza Veteran Services Office is dedicated to providing student-veterans and their dependents with services that support the attainment of their academic and career goals.
Apply for Admission to De Anza
Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Complete the online application at VA Educational Benefits
- Order transcripts from all colleges that you previously attended
- Request your Joint Services Transcript transcript
Complete the Assessment Process
- Complete the new student orientation by clicking here
Apply for Financial Aid
- Visit the Financial Aid office to apply for grants.
Meet with a Counselor
Meet with a School Certifying Official
- Meet with a School Certifying Official and bring the following documents:
- Certificate of eligibility; Ebenefits status of application.
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty ( DD- 214 Member 4) ; or current orders.
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (N.O.B.E.) Reservists Only.
- Official Transcripts (unopened)
There are two School Certifying Officials in the Veteran Services office:
- Shari Pasquali
- Bertha Sanchez
- You must authorize certification each quarter you wish to receive benefits by completing the request for Enrollment Certification Form.
Look for De Anza Veterans on Facebook!
Read about our Veteran Scholars' Journeys
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill