This email was sent to all students registered for fall quarter.
Nov. 7, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of Nov. 7
Tuesday: Veterans Day Celebration
Stop by the Main Quad tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for an event honoring our veterans. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet some of De Anza’s veterans, as well as representatives from local veteran resource centers. Visit the Veterans Day Observance webpage for more information. In the event of rain, the celebration will be held in the Fireside Room. Remember: this Friday, Nov. 11, there will be no classes and offices will be closed in observance of Veterans Day.
De Anza Photo Shoot: Open Call for Student Models
The De Anza Communications Office is looking for student models to participate in upcoming campus photo sessions on Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 16 and 17. Any and all De Anza students are welcome. This is a great opportunity to have fun, meet other students and show off what's special about De Anza. If selected, your picture may be used in a variety of marketing or informational materials for the college. Visit the Student Photo Shoot webpage for more information on how to participate.
Public Policy School Accepting Internship Applications
The VIDA Public Policy School is hiring part-time interns for winter and spring quarters. Interns will be paid $17.60 per hour and learn how to advocate on policy issues of concern to community college students. The commitment is about 10 hours per week. The Public Policy School is accepting applications through Monday, Nov. 21. Apply using their online form. You can learn more about the program on VIDA's website, or contact Jim Nguyen at email@example.com.
This Friday: President Holmes to Open Veterans Day Celebration
The Cupertino Veterans Memorial Foundation will host its first Veterans Day Celebration in two years this Friday, Nov. 11. President Holmes will open the ceremony which will be held at Memorial Park, across the street from De Anza College. Learn more about the event on the Cupertino Veterans Memorial website.
De Anza Votes!
Tuesday is Election Day – remember to vote! The ballot for the Nov. 8 general election includes statewide candidates for governor, U.S. Senate, attorney general and more, as well as important propositions and contests for local offices.
- If you're registered to vote in Santa Clara County, you can drop your ballot in the official Ballot Drop Box on the De Anza campus. You'll find it on the sidewalk outside the RSS Building, near the entrance that faces Staff/Student Lot A.
- Or, return your ballot by mail – postage is free – any time up to Election Day.
- Or, vote in person at a county Vote Center near you.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- De Anza Student Government: Fall Informational Session – Tuesday, Nov. 8, 11 a.m.-noon
- Veterans Day Celebration: Honoring De Anza's Veterans – Tuesday, Nov. 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Transfer Center Workshop: Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) – Tuesday, Nov. 8, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Mobile Food Pantry: Campus Visit – Tuesday, Nov. 8, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- MOMENTUM Series: Transformational Policing and Bridging the Racial Divide – Wednesday, Nov. 9, 8:30-11 a.m.
- Psychological Services Session: Online Drop-In – Wednesday, Nov. 9, 11-11:45 a.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering – Wednesday, Nov. 9, 11 a.m.-noon
- Career Services Workshop: Resume Writing – Wednesday, Nov. 9, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government: Fall Informational Session – Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Health Services Clinic: Flu Vaccine – Thursday, Nov. 10, 10 a.m.-noon
- De Anza Student Government: Fall Informational Session – Thursday, Nov. 10, 1-2 p.m.
- Transfer Center Workshop: California State University (CSU) Application – Thursday, Nov. 10, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Transfer University Meeting: Palo Alto University (virtual appointments) – Monday, Nov. 14, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- "Run, Hide, Defend": Active Assailant Training Session – Tuesday, Nov. 15, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government: Fall Informational Session – Tuesday, Nov. 15, 11 a.m.-noon
- Transfer University Meeting: Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) – Tuesday, Nov. 15, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Veterans Day holiday, no classes; offices closed – Nov. 11
- Winter registration opens based on Priority Registration group – Nov. 14
- Last day to drop classes with a W – Nov. 18
- Thanksgiving holiday, no classes; offices closed – Nov. 24-27
- Final exam week for fall quarter – Dec. 12-16
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Classified Senate – Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team – Tuesday, Nov. 8, 4-5 p.m.
- Equity Action Council – Wednesday, Nov. 9, 1:30-3 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government – Wednesday, Nov. 9, 4 p.m.
- Academic Senate – Monday, Nov. 14, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
COVID-19 Vax and Booster Required
You must provide proof of vaccination AND a booster before coming to campus. Face masks are strongly recommended on campus, and may be required in some offices or by individual instructors in their classrooms. For more information, see deanza.edu/vax.
Free PCR Testing on Campus for Students and Employees
Free PCR testing is available two days a week during fall quarter, outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Services entrance on the lower level. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org