This email was sent to all registered students.
May 24, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of May 23
Grad packs including cap, gown, tassel and diploma cover are now available to order online via the Bookstore website. The diploma cover will be held in store and distributed during the graduation ceremony. Diploma covers may also be purchased separately from the grad pack. The Bookstore is offering other graduation products including stoles and sashes, and diploma frames. You can browse a wide variety of clothing and gift items at deanzastore.com. For more information and updates about graduation, see deanza.edu/graduation.
CAN/DID Inclusion Series: Personal Stories
The CAN/DID Inclusion Series will release more content uplifting the experiences and perspectives of our De Anza community in honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Visit deanza.edu/candid to watch these CAN/DID Personal Stories and all videos from the CAN/DID Inclusion Series.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
APASA, the Office of Equity and the Women, Gender and Sexuality Center, with support from De Anza Student Government, are presenting events to commemorate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Visit the APASA Events page for details on these events, including slide decks from Mer Curry’s Leadership Series.
Jewish American Heritage Month
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Jewish Diversity and the Struggle for Inclusive Learning Communities: Jewish American Heritage Month Event – Tuesday, May 24, 3-5 p.m.
- Seeking Safety Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Tuesday, May 24, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Zentangle Gathering: Wellness Workshop – Wednesday, May 25, 11 a.m.-noon
- Creative Expressions Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Wednesday, May 25, 1-2 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Thursday, May 26, 11 a.m.-noon
- Race-Based Stress Resilience Group: Psychological Services Support Group – Thursday, May 26, 3:30-4:10 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to drop classes without a W for spring quarter – Sunday, April 17
- No classes, offices closed for Memorial Day Weekend – May 28-30
- No classes, offices closed for Juneteenth Holiday – June 20
- Final exams – June 21-24
- Graduation – June 24
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team – Tuesday, May 24, 4-5 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, May 25, 4 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
COVID-19 Vax, Booster and Face Masks Required
If you are planning to come to campus this spring, you are required to separately provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination AND booster, if you are eligible for one. See instructions at deanza.edu/vax.
The mask requirement remains in effect. You must wear a face mask PROPERLY while indoors – that means covering your mouth AND nose at all times.
Free PCR Testing on Campus
Now there are two ways you can get a free PCR test for COVID-19 on campus. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required for either option.
- Mondays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Center entrance on the lower level
- Wednesday, May 25, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – drive-thru testing available in Parking Lot A
- This will be the last day of drive-thru testing before the switch to walk-up testing outside the Campus Center.
Beginning May 30, PCR testing will be available on the same schedule outside the Campus Center, near the Student Health Services entrance on the lower level. Drive-thru testing in Parking Lot A will no longer be offered.
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com