This email was sent to all registered students.
April 12, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of April 11
COVID-19 Vax, Booster and Face Masks Required
If you are planning to come to campus this spring, you are required to separately provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination AND booster, if you are eligible for one. See instructions at deanza.edu/vax.
The mask requirement remains in effect. You must wear a face mask PROPERLY while indoors – that means covering your mouth AND nose at all times.
Free PCR Testing on Campus
Now there are two ways you can get a free PCR test for COVID-19 on campus. No appointment is needed but one-time preregistration is required for either option.
- Mondays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – outside the Campus Center near the Student Health Center entrance on the lower level
- Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – drive-thru testing available in Parking Lot A
Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
The Library is open for in-person visits this spring. You can access study spaces and the computer lab during the Library’s open hours, Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Additionally, you can reserve materials online and stop by the Library for pick up. Online, Library staff are available to offer student software support for Zoom, Canvas, Microsoft Office and MyPortal. Visit the Library website for more information about services and resources that the Library has to offer.
DASG Elections Extended to Wednesday
The deadline to vote in the student elections has been extended to tomorrow, Wednesday, April 13, at 11:59 p.m. Remember to make your voice heard by voting – the DASG election outcomes will affect next year’s events, initiatives and more for students. Learn about the candidates and cast your votes online at deanza.edu/studentvote
Awards and Achievements
Communications Projects Earn National and Statewide Honors
De Anza's Office of Communications won two national awards last month from the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations.
- The CAN/DID Inclusion Series received a Silver Paragon award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion campaigns.
- De Anza also won a bronze award in the digital media category for its De Anza College Academy catalog flipbook.
Last week, the Office of Communications also won two statewide awards from the Community College Public Relations Organization, which represents communications professionals at colleges across California.
- This year, De Anza earned a gold medal for its De Anza College Academy catalog flipbook.
- De Anza also won a bronze medal in the promotional video category for its De Anza Villages: Whole College Experience video.
Now that the Strategic Planning workshops have concluded, there are upcoming special events to guide the next steps of the strategic planning process.
- Strategic Planning Workshops Recap: Your Feedback — Monday, April 18, 1-2 p.m.
- Review of Draft Strategic Plan — Monday, May 9, 1-2 p.m.
Visit deanza.edu/strategic for details on these events, recordings of the workshops and more.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- VIDA Project Fair: Online Event – Tuesday, April 12, 12:30-2 p.m.
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from UCLA – Wednesday, April 13, 10 a.m.-noon
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from University of San Francisco – Wednesday, April 13, 10 a.m.-noon
- Free Online Tax-Filing Assistance: Provided by VITA – Wednesday, April 13, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Strategic Planning Workshops Recap: Special Q&A with Senior Staff – Wednesday, April 18, 1-2 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to add classes for spring quarter – Saturday, April 16
- Last day to drop classes without a W for spring quarter – Sunday, April 17
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Classified Senate – Tuesday, April 12, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT) – Tuesday, April 12, 4-5 p.m.
- Equity Action Council – Wednesday, April 13, 1:30-3 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, April 13, 4 p.m.
- Academic Senate – Monday, April 18, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org