This email was sent to all registered students.
March 7, 2022
Quick Notes for the Week of March 7
Important Update: COVID-19 Booster Requirement
You must upload proof of vaccination for COVID-19 before you can register for any on-campus classes. If you are planning to come to campus this spring, you are required to separately provide proof of a COVID-19 booster, if you are eligible for one, before classes begin on Wednesday, April 6. You should upload your booster document by April 1 so it can be verified before the deadline. See instructions at deanza.edu/vax.
Student Health Services is offering free drive-thru PCR testing for students and employees on Wednesdays from 12:30-4:30 p.m. in Parking Lot A. One-time preregistration is required for PCR testing. Visit the Health Services COVID-19 information page for additional details.
De Anza students can also pick up a free home-testing kit outside the Student Health Services office each Monday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – while supplies last.
DASG Student Elections: Meet the candidates and make your selections for De Anza Student Government. Voting is now open at deanza.edu/studentvote. Tune in this Wednesday, March 9, at 11:30 a.m. for candidate introductions and the presidential debate and Q&A session. The deadline to cast your votes is Friday, March 18, at 4 p.m. Visit deanza.edu/dasg/elections for more information on the DASG elections process.
New Research Notes De Anza Transfer Success: A recent blog post published by the Public Policy Institute of California recognized De Anza College as having some of the highest transfer numbers among community colleges in California. The article, titled “Geography of Community College Transfers in California,” examines transfers among community college students who successfully completed at least 12 units by the end of the 2018–19 academic school year and who exited the community college system. De Anza College was noted as a standout in this metric, with transfer shares as high as 25 per 100 students.
Women's History Month
March is Women's History Month! Visit the Women, Gender and Sexuality Center homepage for a list of upcoming events in celebration of Women’s History Month.
You can also get into the spirit of the month with special Zoom backgrounds that are available for download on the De Anza Zoom Backgrounds page.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from San Francisco State University – Tuesday, March 8, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Candidate Introductions and Presidential Debate/Q&A Session: DASG Elections Event – Wednesday, March 9, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Creative Expressions Group: Psychological Services Group Workshop – Wednesday, March 9, 1-2 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ in STEM: Panel Discussion – Wednesday, March 9, 4-5 p.m.
- Vitalant Blood Drive: Co-hosted by the BFSA – Thursday, March 10, 9 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Common Application: Transfer Center Workshop – Thursday, March 10, 10-11:30 a.m.
- LGBTQ+ Group: Psychological Services Group Workshop – Thursday, March 10, 11 a.m.-noon
- "Crossing the Line 2: The New Face of Anti-Semitism on Campus": Film Screening and Discussion – Thursday, March 10, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Registered Nurses on the Frontlines: Second Annual Sandra Diaz Nursing Profession Career Panel – Thursday, March 10, 5-6:30 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Academic Senate – Monday, March 7, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
- Classified Senate – Tuesday, March 8, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT) – Tuesday, March 8, 4-5 p.m.
- Equity Action Council – Wednesday, March 9, 1:30-3 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, March 9, 4 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com