This email was sent to all registered students.
Jan. 18, 2021
Quick Notes for the Week of Jan. 17
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: If you're attending an on-campus class and don't feel well, do not come to campus and let your instructor know. Get your booster as soon as eligible. See complete info at deanza.edu/vax.
You can now order one set of four free at-home tests, made available by the federal government, from USPS.com. Orders will ship free starting in late January — only one order per household.
Job Opportunities at the County of Santa Clara Registrar of Voters’ Office: De Anza Votes! You can help get out the vote too. The County of Santa Clara Registrar of Voters’ Office is hiring. The office is currently recruiting for various positions throughout the organization and is looking for English and bilingual-speaking individuals interested in contributing to their community for the upcoming Gubernatorial Primary Election on June 7, 2022. Apply on the County Registrar of Voters’ Office website and learn more about registering to vote at deanza.edu/vote.
Strategic Planning Workshop Next Monday
The second in a series of four Strategic Planning Workshops will be held on Monday, Jan. 24, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. This workshop will review De Anza's Guided Pathways and Equity initiatives, with discussion about how they can lead to the cultural and structural changes necessary to create and enhance equitable outcomes for our students and the entire campus community. A video recording of the first workshop, held on Dec. 2, is available on the Strategic Planning website.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from La Sierra University – Wednesday, Jan. 19, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from Sacramento State University – Wednesday, Jan. 19, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Zentangle Gathering: Wellness Workshop – Wednesday, Jan. 19, 11 a.m.-noon
- Transfer Clinic: AD-T Next Steps – Wednesday, Jan. 19, Noon-2 p.m.
- Berkeley Labs Overview: Women in Computer Science Club Guest Speaker Event – Thursday, Jan. 20, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Jeopardy Game Night: Physical Sciences and Technology Village Event – Thursday, Jan. 20, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Diversity at De Anza: I.D.E.A. Define and Apply Workshop — Friday, Jan. 21, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Virtual Club Day: Inter-Club Council Event – Friday, Jan. 21, 4-6 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last day to request "Pass/No Pass" – Friday, Jan. 28
- Application opens for spring quarter– Tuesday, Feb. 1
- No classes, offices closed for Presidents' Holiday – Friday, Feb. 18 - Monday, Feb. 21
- Last day to drop classes with a W – Friday, Feb. 25
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT) – Tuesday, Jan. 18, 4-5 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, Jan. 19, 4 p.m.
- College Council – Thursday, Jan. 20, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Academic Senate – Monday, Jan. 24, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
- Administrative Planning and Budget Team (APBT) – Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Classified Senate – Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Equity Action Council (EAC) – Wednesday, Jan. 26, 1:30-3 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, weekly newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org