Representative Meetings: Wednesdays 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Meeting Dates: 4/20, 5/4, 5/18, 6/1
- Join with this Zoom Link
- Mandatory for Clubs
Executive Meetings: Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Every Week 4/7-6/2
- Join with this Zoom Link
- Please email in advance to get on our agenda
We, the ICC would like to welcome new and returning students to De Anza for Spring
2022! For those who don’t know, the Inter-Club Council is an umbrella organization
representing cultural, educational, honorary, philanthropic, religious, and social
interests here at De Anza. We're honored to support the many clubs that make our campus
the diverse and engaging college it is.
Our campus community has been actively navigating the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic since Spring 2020. In Spring 2022, many classes and services will continue to be online, but some of you will start to be able to come to campus. We are hopeful this means that our clubs will come out stronger than ever, and we're doing our best to support this endeavor safely.
Whether you're looking to bring back a club, figure out this new hybrid time, or wondering where you can find community, the ICC is here to support you.
The ICC will continue holding regular bi-weekly Representative Meetings. These will be held every other Wednesday from 1:30
PM to 2:30 PM via Zoom. The link is at the top of this page and will also be emailed to clubs at the start
of the quarter. Our dates for meetings are: 4/20, 5/4, 5/18, and 6/1. Please email the ICC Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns about these meetings. All clubs are required to send a representative and attendance will be mandatory.
Additionally, the ICC will continue holding weekly Executive Meetings every Thursday 5:30-6:30 PM via Zoom. The link is also at the top of the page. We encourage students and other guests to contact the ICC Advisor at ArreolaMaritza@fhda.edu in advance if you are interested in getting time on our agenda, as time may be limited.
How to Stay an Active Club This Quarter
To stay an active club off probation this quarter, all clubs must meet these minimum requirements:
- Make sure to have someone present for the entirety of Club Day on April 21st from
11 AM-1 PM (on campus) AND/OR Friday April 20th 4-6 PM PT (online via Zoom).
- Make sure to have a representative at all ICC Representative Meetings this quarter
- Have a meeting a month and send proof of the meeting including a picture of the Zoom window to the ICC Secretary and ICC Chair of Club Affairs; this adds up to a total of 3 meetings during the quarter
Failure to fulfill one of these requirements will result in the club being placed on probation; if a club has two probations, they become Inactive. You can read more about this in the ICC Code.
For all clubs that are still having difficulty during COVID, you can opt to become inactive during this period and resume after we more fully return to campus. The process to do this is to fill out this form: https://forms.gle/zGTp3J2wM2i5bTxE9. To reactivate, you will have to go through the process as a new club creation, but the ICC will work with your club to make this as seamless as possible.
- Election Info Sessions
- Friday April 8th 2-3 PM PT via Zoom
- Tuesday April 12th 3:30-4:30 PM PT via Zoom
- Spring Club Day is going HYBRID!
- IN-PERSON Club Day: Thursday April 21st, 11 AM - 1 PM, in the Main Quad in front of the Library
- VIRTUAL Club Day: Friday April 22nd, 4-6 PM PT via Zoom
To learn more, check out our Events page!
The ICC Officer Hours are as follows:
- Khanh Ngo, ICC Chairperson - TBD
- Cedric Buenviaje, ICC Chair of Club Affairs - TBD
- Hongjie Zhou, ICC Chair of Finance - TBD
- Nathan Jin, ICC Vice Chair of Finance - TBD
- Ken Li, ICC Chair of Programs - TBD
- Kevin Shiah, ICC Vice Chair of Programs - TBD
- Fay Ahmed, ICC Chair of Marketing - TBD
- Caitlyn Richardson, ICC Vice Chair of Marketing - TBD
- Alicia Kong, ICC Secretary - TBD
- Maritza Arreola, ICC Advisor - TBD
New Club Information
We are currently allowing new clubs to be formed. If you are interested in getting
more information on starting a De Anza club, feel free to look through the How to Start a New Club Guide or check out our video on How to Start a New Club. The deadline to submit new club applications is the end of the 6th week for Fall,
Winter, and Spring quarters (or Friday April 13th for this quarter). We recommend
submitting them earlier than later in case changes are required.
Thank you for being a part of De Anza College this quarter and we look forward to seeing clubs continue to thrive and showcase their creativity for Winter 2021!
Khanh Ngo, ICC Chairperson
Cedric Buenviaje, ICC Chair of Club Affairs
Hongjie Zhou, ICC Chair of Finance
Nathan Jin, ICC Vice Chair of Finance
Ken Li, ICC Chair of Programs
Kevin Shiah, ICC Vice Chair of Programs
Fatima Ahmed, ICC Chair of Marketing
Caitlyn Richardson, ICC Vice Chair of Marketing
Alicia Kong, ICC Secretary
Maritza Arreola, ICC Advisor