Auto Tech Events
Spring: Annual Car Show
- Saturday, April 20, 2024 8AM-12PM
- Want to show your car? Register at the gate
- Spectators are free
- Sponsorships are also available for a $200 donation. Promote your business in a 10x10 area. Sponsorships are available by e-mailing James Tallent, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This year we are also hosting our first job fair. Vendors include dealerships, reapair shops, city fleets, county fleets, and representatives from other emerging fields. Check back soon.
2023 Canned Food Drive was a success
- The annual Food Drive is held every year in November — Several thousand items were donated
- Make a monetary donation online
- Donate via the Foothill-De Anza Foundation's page for the Auto Tech Food Drive
- De Anza employees may donate canned goods by dropping them off at the Auto Tech Building (E1), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please follow the rules for coming to campus.
- All of the donations will go to the De Anza Food Pantry, which supports fellow students facing food insecurity.
(Photos from the 2019 Food Drive. Click any photo to view in full size. Click the arrows to advance the photos.)
In 2019, De Anza Auto Tech students collected nearly 4,000 donated items – including canned food, cereal, diapers and other essentials – during their annual Food Drive.
Students in the Auto Tech program have been conducting the annual food drive for more than 15 years, said instructor Pete Vernazza. In the past, they have given collected items to the nonprofit West Valley Community Services organization. Since 2018, they have decided to assist fellow students by giving directly to the campus Food Pantry. Food insecurity is a challenge for many community college students.
Auto Tech students donate personally to the drive and solicit contributions from others. Vernazza said he and the students are proud to support the De Anza Food Pantry. "It truly makes us feel as if we are making a difference – right here, right now, at De Anza," he said.