Email sent April 20, 2020
The deadline to request Pass/No Pass grading has been extended for courses taken LAST quarter (winter 2020), under a special order from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
You can file a special request to have your grades converted retroactively to Pass/No Pass for any course taken during winter quarter. If you make this request
- A grade of C (including C minus) or higher will be converted to Pass
- Any grade below C (including D and D plus) will be converted to No Pass
However, there are some important things you should consider before requesting a Pass/No Pass grade. For example,
- Some transfer universities will not accept Pass grades for credit or major requirements
- If you receive a Pass grade, you will not be able to take the course again
- Once you request Pass/No Pass for a course, you cannot change back to a letter grade
You can learn more about requesting Pass/No Pass grading for winter classes at deanza.edu/winter-pnp. Please remember that this special process is for winter classes only. The standard rules for Pass/No Pass remain in effect for spring quarter, and the deadline to request Pass/No Pass for most spring classes is Friday, May 8.
De Anza College