This message was sent via email to Foothill-De Anza district employees on behalf of Interim Vice Chancellor Myisha Washington.
Jan. 21, 2022
Already into the third week of 2022 and the Omicron variant has made its presence known - affecting many of our staff, faculty, and students - adding additional stressors to our lives and causing all of us to temporarily pivot and re-adjust our home and work lives once again.
The District continues to strive to keep all employees safe while working and is especially attentive to these concerns during this pandemic. We will continue to follow the COVID-19 guidance of the Santa Clara County Health Department, the Centers for Disease Control, as well as any requirements and standards of CalOSHA.
Despite following all of the safety protocols, this variant is highly contagious and continuing to spread. Therefore, we are asking employee’s cooperation in the following areas:
- Whether you are working on campus or working remotely from your home or other location,
please continue to follow the prescribed preventive measures including:
- social distancing protocols,
- washing your hands frequently,
- wearing an N95 or KN95 mask or double surgical mask face covering when away from your home, around others who are not members of your household, or caring for someone who may be experiencing symptoms.
- If you are experiencing COVID19 related symptoms, have tested positive for COVID19
or been in close contact with a person who has tested positive, even if you are working
- Please report it as soon as possible to your supervisor/manager AND Elizabeth Folck in Human Resources (email@example.com). This helps us to track and report exposures in a timely manner.
- Test results should be uploaded into the PyraMed system, via MyPortal, and a negative test result will be required to get clearance to return to campus.
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) has been extended to June 30, 2022. Guidelines and leave forms can be found under the FFCRA section of our District HR Covid website.
- Students should report their exposures to their respective campus Student Health Center - Foothill or De Anza. The Student Health Centers will alert Elizabeth in HR in the event an employee was exposed and should be notified.
- FREE Testing Kits:
- Foothill College will host one of four Santa Clara County COVID-19 Antigen-test distribution sites from Saturday, January 22 until Saturday, January 29th from 1-8 PM each day. If you would like FREE COVID-19 antigen tests for you and your family, please register at www.sccfreetest.org before picking up your tests. Pre-registration is required - no drop ins.
- District HR is offering a free test kit to employees that need or want one. Please contact Elizabeth Folck (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a test kit from District HR.
- Also, you can order 4 test kits, free of charge, through COVIDtests.gov.
- In the event of potential exposure, we want to be able to notify you as quickly as possible. Therefore, please ensure your home contact information is current by updating your information via MyPortal and by clicking the “My Profile” link (located under the FHDA logo, on the left-hand side).
- We know that this pandemic has been stressful, frustrating and challenging - mentally and physically. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (866) 248-4105. Access code: 61570. They will ask to confirm your account. The account can be found under “De Anza”.
- Please refer to our District HR Covid website for the most up-to-date information and forms.
As the cases of Omicron continue to remain high, campus Health Centers and District HR are working as fast as we can to notify people. Your patience with us and one another is much appreciated.
Stay safe - we will get through this together!
Myisha Washington, Interim Vice Chancellor, Human Resources/EO