General Meeting Information
Date: April 30,
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 pm.
Location: De Anza Corporation Yard Conference Room 120
Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader 2 - 2:10 p.m Review purpose I Grey 2:10 - 2:15 p.m. Review/approve notes from January 29, 2019 A Grey 2:15 - 2:30 p.m. Update on Hand Dryers I DaSilva 2:30 - 2:35 p.m. Crest Award I Grey 2:35 - 2:45 p.m. Project updates/Quick news
A = Action
D = Discussion
I = Information
Present: Acosta, Adriano-Nogra, Cini, DaSilva, Foo, Gannon, Grey, Hoang, Lai, Lockwood, Sangeertha, Sullivan, Tham, Tse
The purpose of the Campus Facilities Team was reviewed along with a brief discussion of the Facilities Master Plan document.
Review and Approve Notes from January 29, 2019
The notes from January 29, 2019 were approved.
Hand Dryer Update
DASB Chair of Environmental Sustainability, Takuto Ueda presented to the group at the January 29, 2019 meeting the advantages of installing air hand dryers in the restrooms. The Campus Center upper restrooms are one of the busiest and have an adequate power supply to accommodate an additional hand dryer. Pricing of the dryers will be reviewed with Dyson. The intent is to have the dryers installed in the Campus Center by Fall Quarter.
De Anza College is the recipient of the 2019 City of Cupertino Crest Award. Crest stands for Cupertino Recognizes Extra Steps Taken and honors the outstanding contributions of the Cupertino community. De Anza College has been named this year’s sustainability champion. The award ceremony and reception will take place on May 30, 2019 at the Cupertino Community Hall and is free to the public.
In addition to the good news about the Crest Award, De Anza College has also been re-certified as a Green Business by the City of Cupertino.
Project updates/Quick news
- The LED lighting project is ongoing and should be done by the middle of June.
- ATC cooling tower replacement is underway. The cooling towers cool several buildings in the immediate area. There is a temporary chiller is in place between RSS and ATC. This project is scheduled for completion by the middle of June.
- CDC playground project is currently in progress.
- Pool doors and gates replacement should be awarded before the end of June.
- District standardization of the locks is on the board agenda.
- EV Charging stations –update since the last meeting:
Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) awarded a grant for $500,000. The District has reviewed the documents, made some edits and it has been sent back to BAAQMD for additional review. A schedule will be determined after the grant is signed.
* Cini brought up concerns related to HVAC in the L Quad and roof drains.