Why Study Real Estate?
The Real Estate program at De Anza is ideal for the individual seeking to enter the real estate profession, and for anyone who wants to learn more about real estate as a prospective homeowner or investor.
The Real Estate department offers courses covering such topics as Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practices, Appraisal, Finance, Investment and Legal Aspects.
The curriculum includes the statutory courses required for the individual planning to take the examination to qualify for a California Real Estate Sales license or a California Real Estate Broker's license. To sit for these exams you must provide evidence of satisfactory completion of three college-level courses:
- Real Estate Principles (De Anza's REST 50)
- Real Estate Practices (De Anza's REST 51)
- One course from the following list (at De Anza):
- Business Law (BUS 18)
- General Accounting (ACCT 1A)
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate (REST 52A)
- Real Estate Finance (REST 53)
- Real Estate Property Management (REST 55)
- Real Estate Investment (REST 61) [DRE Approval Letter]
Some other real estate courses may be acceptable and qualify for the third course, however, De Anza College does not currently offer them in our program.
For more information regarding either of these examinations, please visit the California Department of Real Estate.
We have many instructors who have worked in the industry and teach courses to share their expertise. You can find out more about some of our faculty by visiting us on Facebook. Most instructors also have websites with biographical information, which you will find on our Faculty Directory page.