Resources Are Available to You!
In order to serve our clients who have already scheduled appointments, we are not accepting new clients for ongoing counseling during the remainder of fall quarter.
If you're in crisis, you can still schedule a one-time "check-in" with a Psychological Services clinician:
- Schedule a check-in by sending an email to email@example.com – be sure to include your name, CWID and the times that you are available in the next two or three days.
- Once we confirm your registration, we will release the intake forms on the Health Services portal, where you can fill them out.
These online services are also available to all students:
- TimelyCare – speak online with a mental health professional anytime, 24/7 – including after hours and during winter break!
- Wellness Central – get health and wellness information
- eCheckup To Go – learn how to support your own well-being and healthy behavior
Support groups will hold their last meetings for the quarter during the week of Dec. 5-9. Be sure to visit the Groups and Workshops webpage for the winter quarter schedule.
If You Have an EmergencyCall 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital. De Anza's Psychological Services office is not a 24-hour program. For immediate assistance, see the list of 24-hour crisis hotlines below.
NEW Feeling Stressed or Depressed?
You can speak with a mental health professional – online, any time, for free!
TimelyCare is a new service that provides free mental health support and other resources for De Anza students. You can
- Speak right away with a mental health professional – available online, 24/7
- Schedule an appointment for a one-on-one online session with a licensed counselor
- Find online resources and referrals for a variety of basic needs
- Learn how to sign up for this free service at deanza.edu/resources/timely
You can visit us to learn more about our services or make an appointment for counseling at our office in RSS 258, upstairs from the Bookstore in the Registration & Student Services Building.
We're open in person Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and remotely 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
On Fridays, we offer Zoom sessions by appointment only, but no in-person services.
Visit our Groups and Workshops webpage for a schedule of upcoming activities, including an AAPI Process Group, Creative Expression Group, LGBTQ+ Group, Transfer Support Group, Zentangle Wellness Workshop and additional topics, as well as online Drop-In sessions with a Psychological Services counselor.
Note: You must sign up in advance to participate in some of these groups. See the Groups and Workshops webpage for schedules and details.
We have a new scheduling system in place, which means we are no longer accepting intake forms via email. In order to receive the intake forms please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include your name, CWID (8-digit Campuswide ID number), your availability for the quarter you're requesting services in, and a short statement that you're requesting our services.
- Suzanna, the administrative assistant, will confirm your registration and will post the forms in the Health Services online portal, where you can find them when you log in.
Here's how to complete the intake forms, once released:
- Log in to MyPortal and open the Apps section, then click on the tile for PyraMED Health Services.
- Once the Health Services site opens on your screen, click on the "My Forms" tab and select the forms to complete and submit online.
- Once completed we ask that you give our department up to three business days to assign and book your appointment.
For more resources, see our list of other mental health programs and these guides from
De Anza Psychological Services is NOT a 24-hour program. For life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1.
More About Our Services
For immediate crisis intervention, please call:
- Suicide and Crisis Service of Santa Clara County
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline – National
- Crisis Text Line
Text the word "Courage" to 741-741
- Rape Crisis Hotline for Santa Clara County
- Domestic Violence Hotline – National:
800-799-7233 or live chat at thehotline.org
For life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1