New Student Orientation
If you're a new student at De Anza, you must participate in a short orientation session to get important information that will help you succeed. As part of orientation, you will get help completing an abbreviated educational plan for your first one or two quarters. These are important steps in qualifying for priority enrollment.
- As soon as you complete orientation and other necessary steps, you will qualify for priority enrollment for the following quarter.
- You must apply for admission first, in order to obtain your student identification number – known as a Campuswide ID, or CWID – which you need to sign up for orientation.
- We also recommend taking your placement tests before you take the orientation program.
You may complete the orientation process online or in person.
Option 1: Online
You will need a Campuswide ID to participate in the online Orientation. The online Orientation is self-paced and can be completed in one sitting or multiple sittings. There is no charge for enrolling in this course.
- Go to https://deanza.instructure.com/enroll/L3YLEM
- Log in with your MyPortal credentials.
- Click the "Enroll in Course" button to register for Online Orientation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the orientation.
- Don't forget to click the link for an appointment to get help with your educational plan!
If you have difficulty accessing the online orientation, please contact the Office of Outreach at 408.864.8327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 2: In Person
Click on the button to sign up and choose a date and time for in-person orientation.
You will need your student identification number – also known as Campuswide ID or CWID – which you will receive after you apply for admission.
The sooner you complete orientation and other required steps, the sooner you will qualify for priority enrollment.