Make an Appointment!
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2021 spring quarter, you can schedule a phone or Zoom video meeting with one of our counselors by using our online scheduling tool.
NEW: Drop-In Counseling Office Hours
Now you can "drop in” on Zoom – no appointment required!
The FYE counselor provides comprehensive services to support eligible students in their educational, career and personal development.
Our counselor can assist you with
- Choosing classes to reach your academic goal, such as earning a degree or certificate or transferring to a university
- Creating an educational plan
- Finding resources on campus, such as tutoring or other academic assistance
- Exploring career options
- And more!
Specialized services include
- Dedicated counselor until students transfer or graduate
- University and transfer visits
- Career counseling and student success courses
- Help with financial aid applications
- Integrated, culturally relevant instruction and student services
- First-generation in college (parents do not have a college degree)
- First-time attending college
- English placement in LART 250 and EWRT 1A
- Committed to taking the entire FYE cohort courses for the entire school year
Before enrolling in the FYE cohort, all FYE students are required to attend a Summer Bridge program designed for incoming FYE students at De Anza.