About MPS Program
Our MissionThe Math Performance Success (MPS ) program aims to close the equity gap by improving student success in math through innovative and collaborative approaches including extended lecture time, in-class tutoring, and embedded counseling services.
With the Math Performance Success (MPS) program, you'll find a team of instructors, counselors and tutors who work closely with students to provide a supportive environment and help them succeed in Math.
If you have had a tough time with math in the past, MPS can help!
MPS students receive:
- Extra class time
- Tutoring services (Inside and outside of the classroom)
- Academic, career, and personal counseling services (Inside and outside of the classroom)
- Calculator loan
- Program activities (i.e., workshops and field trips)
- Mindfulness training inside the classroom
- Math 114: Intermediate Algebra
- Math 10: Statistics and Probability
- Math 41, 42 and 43: PreCalculus
Interested? Complete the MPS Application Form
Winter 2020 Application is now closed, please go to the class and speak to the professor about adding the course. It is up to the discretion of the professor to add students or not.
- To identify MPS courses, look for a section number that contains "MP" – such as 01MP, 02MP, etc
- You can add MPS classes by using the CRNs below
- If the class is claimed "full," please , fill out this form for Winter 2020 MPS classes and one of our counselors will notify you if space becomes available
Course Offerings in Winter 2020
|FULL||MATH 10||INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS||08:30 AM-10:20 AM||MTWThF||MLC108||Lec||Stachnick, Gregory||Melissa||Harman/Jenna/Zoe|
|FULL||MATH 10||INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS||09:30 AM-11:20 AM||MTWThF||L84||Lec||Lundstrom, Kelly||Sheldon||Fiona|
|32939||MATH 10||INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS||10:30 AM-12:20 PM||MTWThF||G1||Lec||Fischer, Rani||Alma||Vy/Allyson/Valerie|
|34657||MATH 10||INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS||01:30 PM-03:45 PM||MTWTh||E33||Lec||Geraghty, Maurice||Khoa||Meza/Gabe/Bryan|
|36408||MATH 10||INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS||04:00 PM-06:15 PM||MTWTh||G1||Lec||Yarahmadi, Fatemeh||Alma||Cell|
|36403||MATH 114||MATH PREP LEVEL 3:INTERMED ALG||09:30 AM-11:20 AM||MTWThF||LCW16||Lec||Ganeshalingam, Usha||Melissa||Enrique|
|FULL||MATH 41||PRECALC I:THEORY AND FUNCTIONS||10:30 AM-12:20 PM||MTWThF||E32||Lec||Judson, Zachary||Sheldon||Enrique/Oliva|
|FULL||MATH 41||PRECALC I:THEORY AND FUNCTIONS||01:30 PM-03:45 PM||MTWTh||G5||Lec||Rashid, Nahrin||Khoa||Hengtai|
|FULL||MATH 42||PRECALC II: TRIG FUNCTIONS||10:30 AM-12:20 PM||MTWThF||MLC108||Lec||Yayli, Gul||Melissa||Whitney/Vignesh/Leo|
|FULL||MATH 42||PRECALC II: TRIG FUNCTIONS||01:30 PM-03:45 PM||MTWTh||E36||Lec||Balm, Cheryl||Sheldon||Vignesh/Vy|