Got Questions?

Here are some answers to frequently asked questions that you may have about applying to attend De Anza College on an F-1 visa.

You can click or scroll down to read questions and answers in these categories.

Applying for Admission

  • Can I apply online?

  • Can I apply to attend De Anza on a tourist visa (B visa)?

  • How can I pay the $75 application fee?

  • Can I get my original documents back after I apply?

  • Can I be my own financial sponsor?

  • Can I change my major later after I submit my application?

  • Do I need to take the SAT or ACT examinations?

  • I already have a college degree.  Do I need to submit proof of English proficiency? 

  • Does De Anza College offer housing for students?

Fees and Financial Aid

students with turtle sculpture

Classes and Academic Credit

  • Can I study ESL only?

  • Can I take classes on a part-time schedule?

  • Can I change my major after I submit my application?

  • Can I transfer credit from  another school to De Anza?

Visas and Immigration Rules

  • Can I apply to De Anza with a tourist or B visa?

  • How can I change from H, J or other visa status to F-1?

  • How long will it take to receive my I-20 form?

  • Can my spouse or children come with me to the United States?

  • Can I work while I'm a student at De Anza?

Back to Top