Nurs 84 Medical-Surgical Nursing II: Care of the Older Adult
- Thursdays, 6:30 a.m.
- Instructor: Sherri Cozzens, RN, MS
- Location: per schedule of classes
- 4 Units
- This is a hybrid course. Enrolled students will have access to the course in Catalyst beginning at noon on Day 1. Enrolled students will view weekly videotaped lectures prior to coming to the weekly two hour class meetings. Powerpoint slides to accompany lectures are provided on Catalyst site. Quizzes may be online or in class.
- Instructor contact:
- Instructor email: email@example.com
- Students will be given a mobile phone number in Week 1 as the contact number for instructor.
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEING AWARE OF AND KNOWING ALL PAGES AND INFORMATION ON THIS SITE! Consult with Lead Instructor in a timely manner for any questions you may have.
How many days old are you?? Click here to find out....and learn more about the world on the day you were born!
What's YOUR Lifespan?? Click here and take this quick, interactive quiz to find out!!
Open invitation to all students!
Students are invited to attend and participate in all monthly department faculty meetings, and regularly scheduled department Curriculum and Policy committee meetings. We welcome your input and ideas! See instructor for more information.
- Required Reading and Class Preparation List - all assignments are to be completed prior to each week's "live" course
- Hesi case studies - per Catalyst site
- Ethical dilemma paper instructions - be sure to attach rubric to assignment
- RUBRIC: Ethical dilemma paper (grading guidelines). Attach to paper!
- Ethical dilemmas to choose from available on Catalyst.
- Example paper available in binder in Resource Room and on Catalyst. Please note that this paper was written prior to the requirement to format in APA; however, it is the content you should use as the example!
PowerPoints and videostreamed lectures
- Enrolled students can access PowerPoint slides and the links for each week's videostreamed lecture in Catalyst.
- Students are responsible to watch videostreamed lecture prior to coming to class each week (in addition to required reading & prep activities as assigned).