The Equity Action Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Time: 1:30 pm to 3 pm @ MCC
|Fall 2019||Winter 2020||Spring 2020|
|Wednesday, October 9||Wednesday, January 8||Wednesday, April 22|
|Wednesday, October 23||Wednesday, January22||Wednesday, May 13|
|Wednesday, November 13||Wednesday, February 12||Wednesday, May 27|
|Wednesday, November 27||Wednesday, February 26||Wednesday, June 10|
|Wednesday, December 4||Wednesday, March 11|
Shared Governance Representatives
Alicia Cortez, Dean
Erick Aragon, Faculty
Melissa Aguilar, Classified
|Equity & Engagement||
Alicia Cortez, Dean
Edmundo Norte, Dean
Mylinh Pham, Adjunct Faculty
|Relations with Schools||
Erick Aragon, Faculty Director
Carmen Lizardi-Folley, Faculty Instructor
|Student Success Center||
Melissa Aguilar, Classified (ACE Rep)
Angelica Esquivel, Classified Senate
Deborah Taylor, Classified Senate
Linh Tran, Student
|District Chief of Police||
Danny Acosta, Classified
- Promote a climate of humility, equity, and appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of the college.
- Support the work of the Equity Office.
- Advise on equity and inclusion issues to the college shared governance groups.
- Assist with the development of a campus climate survey every 3 to 5 years to assess the equity environment and explore opportunities for growth and development.
- Advocate for the development and implementation of policies and procedures that facilitate the success of our diverse student body, faculty and staff. Specifically, the committee works to identify existing or emerging equal opportunity and equity issues, advising college leadership in the development of responsive policies, and analyzing and recommending action based on relevant research and practices.
- Advise and actively promote the development and implementation of policies, procedures and employee development that facilitates the transformation of our workforce and environment into a community that is more inclusive, socially just, knowledgeable about the diverse array of cultures which comprise our community, and skilled in facilitating the growth of the entire campus.
The Equity Action Council (EAC) helps facilitate campus wide development, engagement, support and implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meets the equity program goals at De Anza College and in particular, the Office of Equity, Social Justice, and Multicultural Education.
With the supportive input and commitment of the Equity Action Council, the Equity Office strives to meet the demands of the campus and the critical charge of the office. The Equity Action Council helps facilitate campus wide development and support, engagement, implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's mission and vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meet the goals and objectives of equity, social justice, and multicultural education at De Anza and in particular, the Equity Office. Thus, the Equity Office works closely, and is aligned with, the larger goals and objectives of the EAC.