Degrees and Certificates
AA Degree Speech Communication
1. Meet with a full--time Speech Communication faculty member (listed below), to discuss course options and your Specialty Area. Begin this process as early as possible to ensure that you meet the necessary requirements:
2. Within the last two quarters prior to degree completion, fill out the Speech Communication AA Degree application and prepare your Specialty Area letter (both are submitted together to one of the Speech Department Co-Chairs: see below). Your application lists your Speech Communication coursework and your letter identifies and explains your area of concentration. **Be sure to include your student ID on both your application and letter**
3. Your application and letter will be reviewed at a monthly Speech Department meeting. You will be notified if your application has been accepted or needs to be revised. If accepted, your application will be signed by a member of the Speech Communication department and returned to you.
4. Ensure that you have completed all the steps for the AA Speech Communication degree.
AA-T Communication Studies
1. While completing your courses for the Communication Studies AA-T degree, meet with a Speech Communication full-time faculty member (listed below) to discuss course options. Begin this process as early as possible to ensure that you meet the necessary requirements.
2. Meet with a counselor to confirm you have completed all of your AA required General Education (GE) coursework to ensure that you have completed all the steps for the AA-T Communication Studies degree.