Intercollegiate Men's Soccer
An introduction to the discipline of Physical Education through the sport of soccer. Includes a global and historical examination of the sport, rules, equipment, facilities, and etiquette. Emphasis placed upon the four major pillars of the game: mental, physical, tactical and technical aspects necessary to successfully compete in match play. Discussion of strategic information from scouting reports with application to game preparation and management. Basic exercise physiology, nutrition, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance techniques relative to soccer will be discussed.
|12119||PE 39MX||1||MTWR···||02:00 PM-04:05 PM||Rusty Johnson||FLDS|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2019-08-12 to 2019-09-22.
P E -39MX-01: This is a 6-week class that begins on 8/12 and ends on 9/22. All interested students must contact Coach Johnson @email@example.com before enrolling.
- 1.5 Units
- Four and one-half hours laboratory for the one and one-half unit course (54 hours total per quarter); six hours laboratory for the two unit course (72 hours total per quarter); nine hours laboratory for the three unit course (108 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirement this course meets.
- Competitive experience in soccer; physician's clearance and completion of eligibility forms; all second year athletes must fulfill academic requirements per the CCCAA (California Community College Athletics Association).
- EWRT 211 and READ 211 (or LART 211), or ESL 272 and 273.