New Student Orientation
If you're a new student at De Anza, you must complete orientation in order to learn important information to help you succeed. During orientation, you will complete an abbreviated ed plan for your first one or two quarters.
- Orientation is also a state-required step for priority enrollment.
- As soon as you complete orientation and the other necessary steps, you will qualify for priority enrollment for the following quarter.
- All steps must have been completed by a designated date to receive priority enrollment for future quarters.
- You must apply for admission in advance in order to obtain your student ID to sign up for orientation.
Option 1 - IN PERSON
- Choose a date and time.
- You need to have applied for admission and received your student ID number in order to sign up.
- It's best to take placement tests before orientation.
- You'll learn how to choose your classes and create your abbreviated educational plan — another step in qualifying for priority enrollment
Option 2 - ONLINE
Face-to-face orientation is greatly beneficial to new students, putting you in direct contact with counselors and staff who can help you get started at De Anza College. However, if you are unable to attend an orientation session on campus, you can view our Online Orientation.
- VIEW our interactive, online New Student Orientation on your computer or mobile device. (Will open in a new tab or window)
- DOWNLOAD and READ an accessible, text-based version of our New Student Orientation. (PDF File)
Complete orientation right away!
Remember, the sooner you complete orientation and all steps, the sooner you will qualify for priority enrollment.
If you wait to complete orientation, you will not qualify for priority enrollment for future quarters.