The Office of Professional Development serves a leadership role in promoting the professional development of all members of the De Anza College academic community through the exchange of innovative ideas, individual expertise, and common interests.
To provide appropriate opportunities for meaningful personal and professional development, the Professional Development Office supervises the processes for allocating professional development resources and coordinates a comprehensive program of individual and institutional professional growth, with responsibility for planning, promotion, dissemination of information, and program evaluation.
- New Employee Orientation
- First Year Experience for Faculty and Classified Professionals
- Instructional Skills Workshops
- Peer Evaluation Training
- Classified Leadership Training
- Professional Conference and Travel Funds
- Health, Wellness and Safety
- Service Excellence
Teaching and Learning Seminars
- Implicit Bias in Teaching: How does it show up in the classroom?
- Giving Better Feedback on Assignments
- Planning for Your Classroom Observation
- Knowing Your FA Contract (Faculty Association)
- Managing Student Issues
- Writing Your Self-Evaluation for Tenure Review
- Accommodations for Disabilities in the Classroom
- Mov' en on Up...(the salary scale)
- It's Just Good Andragogy: Culture Responsive Teaching & Cultural Humility in the Classroom
- Enhancing Student Learning through SLOs (Student Learning Outcomes)
- Transitioning from Phase I to Phase II for Tenure Candidates
- It's just Good Andragogy: "I have a Student who..." (Emotional Intelligence (EI) in the Classroom)
- It's Just Good Andragogy: Teaching Perspectives Inventory