IMPORTANT: Staff Drop & Go Lot Closed
The Staff Drop & Go lot on the soccer field, usually open to students after 10 a.m., is closed due to field conditions. Please proceed to the top level of the Stelling Garage, where parking staff will assist you. You may also try the Student Drop & Go lot on the baseball field or find alternative parking. Check back for updates.
Flint Garage Closed for Renovations
The Flint Garage is closed for renovations, including seismic upgrades, and is scheduled to reopen in fall 2017.
Beginning the first day of fall quarter, and continuing through winter and spring, Drop & Go, facilitated parking in designated areas and other measures will help compensate for the loss of parking spaces.
Both Drop & Go lots will be closed on Fridays beginning Nov. 18 as part of ongoing assessment of usage and subsequent adjustments. Parking will still be available in all other lots. Check the map for details.
- A valid parking permit will be required for all lots, including Drop & Go.
- Drop & Go staff will use Flash Valet to expedite arrival and departure. Students and others using a daily ticket can text their ticket number to 408.763.8436 up to 10 minutes before leaving. The text number will also be on all tickets given to drivers. Faculty and staff should see below for specific instructions about their barcode sticker.
- The company has committed to delivering vehicles within seven minutes of an in-person request.
- Drop & Go hours will be 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eight p.m. is the latest time to drop off your car. After 10 p.m., retrieve your keys from the police substation in the lower level of Campus Center.
- Additional lighting is provided in both the student and staff Drop & Go lots. In addition to background checks conducted by the company, Drop & Go staff have been fingerprinted by Foothill-De Anza police. Your mobile phone number will never be visible to Drop & Go staff.
- The same number of accessible parking spaces will be available across campus. The 11 accessible spaces in Flint have been moved to the J lot.
- As always, citations will be given for parking in accessible spaces without a valid placard, and in red zones and fire lanes. Local merchants may also cite for parking in their lots.
- Consider carpooling with a fellow student or colleague. Read more about carpool spaces on campus.
- Drop off cars on the baseball field. Enter through Staff Parking Lot C1, between the baseball field and the Cheeseman Environmental Study Area (ESA).
- After 10:30 a.m., you may also use the staff Drop & Go lot on the soccer field.
- Remember, you can use Flash Valet by texting your daily ticket number to 408.763.8436 up to 10 minutes before leaving.
- If using Flash Valet, your vehicle will be pulled up south of the baseball field for departure.
- Additional student self-parking spaces are available through the re-striping of the Stelling Garage and most other lots.
- After the first week, students must have an annual or quarterly permit to park in the Drop & Go lot. Paid tickets from the machines in the self-parking lots will not be accepted in the Drop & Go.
- As always, students have access to the VTA Eco Pass.
See map for details and Drop & Go location
- Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged not to park in student spaces, especially during peak class times. There will be the same number of staff spaces as previously, primarily in the Drop & Go lot. See the map of all staff spaces below.
- Drop off cars on the soccer field. Enter through Parking Lot C.
- Remember to leave only your car key with Drop & Go staff if your college keys are on the same ring.
- You can request a barcode sticker to identify your car (see below) and facilitate daily entry and exit . Daily tickets will be used at the beginning of the quarter. You may continue to use daily tickets if you wish.
- If using Flash Valet, your vehicle will be pulled up north of the soccer field for departure.
- The Eco Pass is available to all De Anza employees. Visit the Office of College Life during regular hours, and show staff ID or give your CWID.
- Thirty-minute parking is still available for quick errands. After 30 minutes, you will be ticketed.
Directions for Obtaining Your Staff Barcode Sticker
- Register your car and mobile phone number here: monthly.flashvalet.com/deanzacollege.
- You will need your license plate number to complete your registration.
- Your registration will be valid for the length of time the Drop & Go lot is in use at the college.
- A barcode sticker will be placed in your college mailbox.
- Affix the barcode sticker above your college parking permit.
- The sticker will be scanned when you arrive at the Drop & Go lot on the soccer field.
- Save 408.763.8436 in your mobile phone contacts as “Drop & Go.”
- Up to 10 minutes before leaving your work location, text “Car” to the Drop & Go contact number.
- You will receive a confirmation text, and another text message when your car is ready to be picked up.
Reminder: Your phone number will never be visible to parking staff.
Map of staff parking spaces