Free 2014 Tax Filing Assistance
Need help filing your taxes? De Anza students making $53,000 or less last year are eligible for free tax filing services.
How to Make an Appointment
Feb. 9-April 15, from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Drop by the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site on campus to schedule an appointment to have your 2014 tax returns prepared for free! VITA Location: Fireside Room, Campus Center
|You qualify for VITA services to file your 2014 Federal and State income tax return if you made $53,000 or less last year. This includes total household income for filers who are single or married filing jointly.
IMPORTANT–You must bring these items to the VITA site to have your tax returns prepared:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents, and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package (if you received one)
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-jointly tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- A printout of form 1098-T (De Anza educational expenses),
which you can find on MyPortal
To self-file, go to www.myfreetaxes.com.
Other Santa Clara County VITA sites can be found at www.211scc.org/vita.