Group of diverse students

PDF Travel Updates

State Department’s list of Consulate links:

Documents to carry with you in order to re-enter the U.S. and/or apply for F-1 visa renewal. (Some are required, others are recommended in case the visa officer or airport immigration inspector ask for them):

  • A valid passport. (Required)
  • An unexpired I-20 signed by the International Student Programs advisor within the past 6 months. (Required)
  • Financial Statement showing sufficient funds for one year ($24,040). (Recommended)
  • Current De Anza transcript, (Recommended)
  • De Anza student ID card. (Recommended)
  • Proof of registration for next quarter with tuition and fees paid in full. (Recommended)
  • Proof of SEVIS fee (I-901) payment.

Many students travel during the summer, winter, and spring breaks, including to international destinations.  If you are traveling abroad, bring your documents (including passport, visa, and signed I-20) with you so that you can re-enter into the U.S.

Keep careful track of your documents and other personal items at all times! 

Review these Safety Tips - they are especially important if you will be traveling in an unfamiliar environment.

International Student Programs
De Anza College
21250 Stevens Creek BLVD
Cupertino, CA 95014
Tel. (408) 864-8826
Fax. (408) 864-5638

Last Updated: 6/29/17