Information for Graduates
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from De Anza College! We hope you will celebrate this major milestone by participating in the commencement ceremony on Saturday, June 27. This year's event will be held at the City National Civic in San Jose. Tickets will be required for guests.
Date: Saturday, June 27
Time: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Location: City National Civic, 135 West San Carlos St., San Jose
- Graduates will start lining up at 7:30 a.m. Location details to come.
- Doors open at 8 a.m. No admittance past 8:30 a.m.
- Procession begins at 9 a.m.
- Park at the Convention Center (Almaden Boulevard or Market Street entrance) or in other area parking garages.
- No balloons permitted in the venue. The Bookstore will have flowers and gifts available for purchase in the lobby.
- Guests will need a ticket to enter the auditorium.
- Each graduate will receive five (5) tickets for family and friends. One ticket per person.
- Tickets will be available for pickup at the Bookstore with your cap and gown.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced. Tickets are not available for sale.
- Graduation cap and gowns will be available for purchase at the Bookstore starting Monday, June 8. The cost of a cap and gown set (cap, gown, tassel, diploma cover, and 5 tickets to the graduation ceremony) is $53.99 plus sales tax.
- The deadline to purchase your cap and gown with tickets is Friday, June 26.
- The Bookstore is having a Grad Fair June 8-12. Special sale-priced graduation packages will be available.
- The Bookstore has a limited number of loaner cap and gowns available. If you are borrowing a cap and gown from the Bookstore or a former graduate, you must purchase a tassel and diploma cover set (tassel, diploma cover and five tickets to the graduation ceremony). The cost is $23.99 plus sales tax.
- Honor stoles will be available for $17.39 plus sales tax. Optional graduation stoles and ethnic graduation stoles will be available for $29.99 plus sale tax.
Information for Faculty and Staff
The deadline to request a cap and gown rental for the ceremony is Monday, June 1. Please email your request to Ken DiMare at email@example.com. Include your height, cap size (small, medium, large, x-large), degree, major and university. Your rental order will be available for pickup the week of June 25.
Faculty and staff will be seated on stage. Follow signs at the venue for procession information.
Note: More information about attending the ceremony and instructions for graduation day will be available closer to the event date.