This event takes place in the past.
Free Tax-Filing Assistance for Students
10:30 am to 1:30 pm
Fireside Room - Hinson Campus Center
This is a reoccuring event.
Make an appointment and drop by the Fireside Room to have your 2019 tax returns prepared for free with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance).
- Wednesdays and Thursdays* (Feb. 5-April 15)
- 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Campus Center – Fireside Room
(* except for April 1 and 2.)
IMPORTANT: You must bring these items to have your tax returns prepared:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security cards or photocopies for you, your spouse and dependents (bring cards, not just your number)
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2, W-2G or 1099-MISC) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Health insurance Forms 1095-A, B or C
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
- A printout of Form 1098-T (your De Anza educational expenses), which you can find on MyPortal
If you are married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the forms for electronic filing.