Brief Course Descriptions
See De Anza Catalog for official class descriptions.
For the GUID class schedule for the current and upcoming quarter classes, see the College Schedule of classes.
- GUID 200 (.5 Unit) Learning Disability Assessment
- GUID 201 (4 Units) Introduction to Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Disorder
- For students who have used learning disabilities support services in high school and continuing students with learning disabilities or attention deficit disorders. Includes success strategies, guest speakers and legal information. (Fall quarter)
- GUID 202 (4 Units) Student Success Strategies
- A student skills class to develop strategies to improve study methods and organizational skills, and self esteem. Special study skills effective for students with disabilities. Good for re-entry students. (Winter quarter)
- GUID 204 (4 Units) Introductory Spelling Strategies
- In-depth study of word structure and spelling strategies. Improves ability and accuracy to recognize and pronounce unknown words. Improves reading efficiency.
- GUID 207 (4 Units) Introductory Writing and Grammar Skills
- Covers sentence structure, grammar, capitalization, punctuation, paragraph development and functional editing skills in preparation for EWRT 200 class.
- GUID 209 (4 Units) Arithmetic Skills
- For students not prepared for Math 210 (pre-algebra). Skill building in decimals, fractions and percents, and math learning strategies.
- GUID 211 (4 Units) Algebra Skills 1
- For students experiencing math difficulties or needing a refresher course in preparation for Math 210 (pre-algebra). Basic operations using signed numbers, solving equations, variables, expressions, word problem strategies.
- GUID 212 (4 Units) Algebra Skills 2
- To gain confidence and strategies before enrolling in Math 112 (elementary algebra), Covers polynomials, factoring, algebraic fractions, beginning graphing.