Students using interpreter/captioner services are required to notify Deaf Services' if they will be absent from class.
Notify either by --
Email: Deafservices @deanza.edu or
Text message: 408.310.0625.
Students who request services for other campus activities are also required to inform the Deaf Services' Supervisor if they will not attend the scheduled activity.
- Students who plan to be absent from class for any reason should inform the Deaf Services' Supervisor as soon as they have decided not to attend.
- Students do not have to provide a reason to the Supervisor.
- Students should be aware of the instructor's attendance policy and if there is a penalty for absences.
- If the Supervisor is not informed, it will count as a "No Show"
- Contact the Deaf Services' Supervisor as soon as possible, preferably before the class meeting.
- If not able to do so, inform the Supervisor after the class begins or meets.
- If the Supervisor is not informed, it will count as a "No Show.
Students who arrive late to class, past the permitted wait time will be considered a "No Show" unless they have informed the Supervisor.
No Show Guidelines
- All "No-shows" events are recorded.
- They may result in a warning regarding notification and eventual suspension of services in the class.
- See the DISH for specific "No-Show" procedures.