How to Document a Disability
The De Anza College Disability Verification form
- is required to document most disabilities
- must be dated within one year
- must besigned by an appropriate professional
Eligible disability conditions and the professionals who are authorized to verify them are listed in Disability Definitions/Documentation.
The Disability Verification Packet contains 4 documents (.pdf) to be printed and taken to the treating professional.
Disability Verification Packet
Instructions to Student
|Step by step instructions for prospective DSS students
|Disability Verification form
||Doctor or treating professional completes & signs.
||Information on eligible disabilities and the treating professionals who may verify them.
|Letter to Treating Professional
||Instructions for the doctor or treating professional on completing the Disability Verification form
To complete the verification process, a prospective DSS student must
- Click on Disability Verification Packet to open the PDF documents.
- Complete Student Section at the top of the Disability Verification form
- Fill in the fields on the PDF form on-line OR
- Fill in by hand AFTER packet is printed
- Print all four items in the packet.
- Provide this entire packet to your treating professional/doctor to complete and sign.
- After the Disability Verification Form is completed and signed by the treating professional or doctor, it should be returned to
Disability Support Services
De Anza College
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95124
- The fastest return method is by FAX directly to the DSS office at 408.864.5492.
- The form may also be returned by hand, or by mail.
- Upon receipt, the DSS office staff will telephone to schedule and Intake-Appointment.
NOTE: Use Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to open and print document.