Counseling and Advising Appointments and Drop-In
Counseling and Advising appointments are available in the Counseling Center. Please make an appointment for the following services:
- Develop, update, or approve your Student Educational Plan
- Transfer planning, including Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) contracts
- Financial Aid Extensions and Consortium Agreements
- Veteran Educational Plans
- Choosing a major and career planning
- Academic, progress and disqualification holds
- Unofficial transcript evaluation
To schedule an appointment with a counselor or academic advisor, click HERE.
Note: If you miss two appointments in one quarter you may be prevented from making further appointments for the remainder of the quarter.
If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, it is imperative that you cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance. To cancel, click HERE.
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- BE ON TIME!
- Make sure you are able to login successfully to MyPortal with Student ID# and Password.
- Bring transcripts from other colleges, test scores, your education plan, and any other records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss.
- Make a list of questions you want to ask.
- Do as much legwork ahead of time so you can make the most out of your time with the counselor or academic advisor. For additional suggestions,see What's Your Reason?
Drop-in counseling and advising for quick questions is available in the Counseling Center. A maximum of 15-minutes is allocated to meet with a counselor or academic advisor to discuss the following services:
- Choosing classes
- Exceeding maximum units (21.5 units)
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdraw questions
- Assisting with degree/certificate applications
* No appointments will be available during the 1st and last week of each quarter. Drop-in counseling and advising will be available for all questions.
How to Prepare for Drop-in
- Have your question(s) ready.
- If exceeding maximum units, bring add codes with you.